Oregon & Washington to the B1G - Clemson & Florida State Next?

12 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Hey Dan,

Meet Scott Frost - he would like to have a word with you.

Oregon doesn't know the buzzsaw they are about to jump into. 

I think you’re spot on. The difference between the BIG and PAC 12 is that every conference team you play has the talent to beat you. It’s a lot harder grind then what they’re used to

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Gorillahawk said:

I think you’re spot on. The difference between the BIG and PAC 12 is that every conference team you play has the talent to beat you. It’s a lot harder grind then what they’re used to

Yep, it's depth and big lineman as part of that.  No 275 lb. Pac-12 DL is going to cut it.  Teams get beat up in league play in the Big Ten and SEC.  We talk about Frost and Bo but I remember the chatter when Penn State joined they were going to dominate as well.  None of it happened.  I would say Oregon is the best prepared of the 4 but there will be some rough spots.  I see Oregon losing in Madison, Wisconsin in November because of the grind.  USC will have some difficulties even with the talent they have and Washington, UCLA will be rebuilding years for sure.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

granted, outside the top 5 winners of their conference, the other teams will be decided by some people somewhere.  But at least we are getting closer to what looks like the “most deserving teams” 

20 minutes ago, nic said:

I can just see how a private equity firm would run a CFB program.  They'll be mandating they they only have 7 assistant coaches to save money.  "Why do you need an offensive and defensive coordinator?  That seems redundant.  Lets just have one coordinator and he can call both the O and the D."

• Haha 3
  • TBH 1
38 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I can just see how a private equity firm would run a CFB program.  They'll be mandating they they only have 7 assistant coaches to save money.  "Why do you need an offensive and defensive coordinator?  That seems redundant.  Lets just have one coordinator and he can call both the O and the D."

And, if they have one losing season, the program must be liquidated and sold off part by part.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
On 2/15/2024 at 1:10 PM, Red Five said:

I can just see how a private equity firm would run a CFB program.  They'll be mandating they they only have 7 assistant coaches to save money.  "Why do you need an offensive and defensive coordinator?  That seems redundant.  Let’s just have one coordinator and he can call both the O and the D."

If FSU is smart, I know that is a big if, it would be limited in scope, the PE group might have ownership of the licensing operations for instance. As the article points out, this has been done successfully with minor league baseball teams in recent past.

Florida State and Clemson have had some pretty good college baseball teams over the years.  And in college basketball too.

But this is about money only  - I mean, football.  12 weeks a year.  

If they don't be added to B1G that's fine.  But if they do, then embrace it.  Would be really good for all main sports.