Poll - How Many Wins - 2023 Season

2023 Win Total  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If you think winning at Minnesota is a sure thing, then Boulder shouldn't be a toss up, and losing at Michigan St and home to Maryland shouldn't be sure things.

I have us winning the Minnesota game because their o-line is completely new while our defensive line and backers have more experience. Also, Minnesota has limited film to use for preparation. Our strength (defense) vs their projected weakness (o-line). Hence the win. 

I have the Colorado game a toss up because I think Deion, though will have his team ready to play TCU, realistically sees the the Nebraska game as a bigger game for Colorado than TCU and unlike Minnesota, Prime and company will have at least a full game of tape on us. Hence the "toss up".  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
29 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If I had to rank the schedule by difficulty, I would tier it as

Michigan

at Illinois, at Wisconsin

at Minnesota, Iowa, Maryland, at Michigan St

at Colorado, Purdue

No Ill, La Tech, Northwestern

I guess I am not as high on Wisconsin as everyone else.  They are having a major change in scheme with an all new staff.  I do wish we had them earlier in the year.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Went with 8....because...I'm a fan and why not?

Colorado

N Illinois

Louisiana Tech

Northwestern

Purdue

Maryland

Wisconsin

Iowa

Bravo for the person who is a 'GLASS IS FULL AND OVERFLOWING' voter.  NC Baby!

I wanted to go with 8 as a 'surprise' team but just couldn't do it after my way to much  :koolaid2:picks during the Frost era.  

Me: Going out on a limb and saying we win 3 of the first 4 games (Minn doubts)

Lose to Mich and Ill

Win NW,  Purdue, and MSU

Lose to Maryland 

Toss up to Wisc (this is my break the curse game - getting us to a surprising 8 wins)

Win vs Iowa  - did it last year at their place - let's do it again at home 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I guess I am not as high on Wisconsin as everyone else.  They are having a major change in scheme with an all new staff.  I do wish we had them earlier in the year.

I think you could argue Wisconsin or Illinois down a tier, and Minnesota or Iowa up a tier pretty easily. It's just a mess of good-not-great teams at the top of the West.

Wisconsin has the highest ceiling but biggest changes to figure out. Illinois seems solid, but they lost a ton of DB talent, their stud RB, and an underrated QB. Minnesota is still very experienced, although losing Ibrahim is big. And I know we all love to laugh at Iowa, but it is possible that a solid QB, very good RB, and 2 good TEs is enough to score 25+. If they average that they probably win the West (but also have to keep Brian Ferentz).

• Plus1 1

i've thought our biggest problems the last couple years were confidence and discipline.    and it seems that is what Rhule is working the most to get restored.    if he succeeds i see a bowl game this season.    here is hoping he succeeds at that.  voting for 6 wins.