Gilbert Arrested

Well, what a headline to start the day with.

Obviously way different circumstances but somewhat similar to Mickey's s#!t last year.  Pretty much any and all questions about the on the field situation has now been thrown out the window and Arik essentially put himself in a situation now where theres a 0% chance he's seeing the field.  I say similar to Mickey's situation as there were so many questions tied to him and his future on the staff and those questions were abruptly answered with what transpired.

Innocent until proven guilty and hope this doesn't derail his future too much but man this is a horrendous decision by him.

• Plus1 1

Well, he is done for sure. You can't keep him around. Well, then again Texas Tech brought back Dakota Allen after he was arrested for burglary. 

WE DON"T NEED THIS RIGHT NOW!!!! 

My anxiety is kicking up as it is because of the game Thursday! 

GBR!!!

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, BoKnowsD said:

Curious how Rhule handles this.  Kicked off the team or year suspension?

I’d guess that enough time and resources has been invested in him that could’ve been given to someone else and he’s off the team. Perhaps not. I feel badly though it was his choice.  We want assets for the team not liabilities. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, mwj98 said:

Well, he is done for sure. You can't keep him around. Well, then again Texas Tech brought back Dakota Allen after he was arrested for burglary. 

WE DON"T NEED THIS RIGHT NOW!!!! 

My anxiety is kicking up as it is because of the game Thursday! 

GBR!!!

F4s7mw8WcAAxEnm?format=jpg&name=large

But...I agree.  This guy needs to be gone.  Rhule is trying to change the culture here to be accountable and there is no room for this type of thing while trying to do that.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

39 minutes ago, Undone said:

I had kind of assumed that players like this were basically getting some kind of NIL cash flow. Would that be true of Gilbert, or no way to know?

Not that somebody wouldn't rob something if they just felt like robbing something.

I am fairly certain every scholarship player is getting at least 5 figures/year from some sort of NIL.

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Undone said:

I had kind of assumed that players like this were basically getting some kind of NIL cash flow. Would that be true of Gilbert, or no way to know?

Not that somebody wouldn't rob something if they just felt like robbing something.

Stuff like this has nothing to do with desperation, it's some nasty combo of opportunity, resentment, entitlement, etc.