Rhule or Sanders

HuskerX

After watching the Colorado/TCU game, who would you rather have as Huskers Head Coach?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Matt Rhule or Deion Sanders

• Rhule
    • Sanders

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/13/2023 at 01:21 AM

27 minutes ago, Nowledge said:

Yes, "fake." Truly religious people practice what they preach, and make the world a better place. McCartney did neither.

I guess you're entitled to your opinion, such as it is.

44 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

My memories of visiting Colorado are mostly from the 70s and 80s, but you saw this bumper sticker everywhere and it was definitely not meant to be welcoming:

41J6DqZL34L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

"Native" Coloradans still have that elitist, unwelcoming attitude.

• Plus1 1

The U.S. Census Bureau's definition consists of 12 states in the north central United States: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. The region generally lies on the broad Interior Plain between the states occupying the Appalachian Mountain range and the states occupying the Rocky Mountain range. Major rivers in the region include, from east to west, the Ohio River, the Upper Mississippi River, and the Missouri River.[3] The 2020 United States census put the population of the Midwest at 68,995,685.[4] The Midwest is divided by the U.S. Census Bureau into two divisions. The East North Central Division includes Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin, all of which are also part of the Great Lakes region. The West North Central Division includes Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, Nebraska, and South Dakota, several of which are located, at least partly, within the Great Plains region.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwestern_United_States

I'm not sure why we are talking about Colorado being part of the midwest.

6 hours ago, LennynSquiggy said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwestern_United_States

I'm not sure why we are talking about Colorado being part of the midwest.

The midwest became a thing a really long time ago, hence why Ohio is listed there although I still feel that's a stretch.  They probably just don't want to think that they live in the middle east if it was truly geographic. The mountains are the beginning of the west and it continues to the coast.  Some of it has to do with population as the density is much lower west of the Missouri.

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

The midwest became a thing a really long time ago, hence why Ohio is listed there although I still feel that's a stretch.  They probably just don't want to think that they live in the middle east if it was truly geographic. The mountains are the beginning of the west and it continues to the coast.  Some of it has to do with population as the density is much lower west of the Missouri.

Northwest Ohio is pretty similar to most of Nebraska, except for the amount of trees.

Traditional "The West" begins past the Mississippi River.

On 9/9/2023 at 10:56 PM, Wistrom Disciple said:

He didn’t get them ready to play… they were actually pretty bad until we started giving away turnovers. Nothing about his coaching stood out today at least to me. Yes, I will admit my bias but I do believe Rhule & Co. had a sound strategy until the fumbles started occurring. 

Recruiting, sure he’s good, but I think you and those who share your mindset look at the end and use it to justify the means. I’ll be very curious if his style of running a program will hold water over the season and years going forward. 

When it was a 0-0 stalemate for almost 2 quarters it was "pretty bad" on Deion's part, but a "sound strategy" on Rhule’s part?  Interesting viewpoint.

Colorado making far fewer costly mistakes and winning by 3 TDs makes it clear cut that they were more ready to play.   Assuming the point of playing is to win.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 4
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

When it was a 0-0 stalemate for almost 2 quarters it was "pretty bad" on Deion's part, but a "sound strategy" on Rhule’s part?  Interesting viewpoint.

Colorado making far fewer costly mistakes and winning by 3 TDs makes it clear cut that they were more ready to play.   Assuming the point of playing is to win.

Our defense played well through 2 quarters trying to keep us in the game that the offense kept trying to give away.  After that, even they couldn't keep it going due to being on the field constantly and getting no help from the offense.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Our defense played well through 2 quarters trying to keep us in the game that the offense kept trying to give away.  After that, even they couldn't keep it going due to being on the field constantly and getting no help from the offense.

They were put in horrible spots yes, but I replied to someone else earlier that TOP was 50-50 for the game.  They weren't on the field the whole time.

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

They were put in horrible spots yes, but I replied to someone else earlier that TOP was 50-50 for the game.  They weren't on the field the whole time.

Colorado had the ball for 11:57 and 32 plays in the first half. 18:22 and 45 plays in the second half. Not coincidentally, the first half went a lot better. And even taking the game as a whole Colorado isn't going to win the TOP battle often, nor are they trying to. 50/50 with them is way different than 50/50 with Minnesota.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Based on your sarcasm and the six days of analysis you took before the reply, it is possible that both are in fact true. Deion and his high powered offense with "allegedly" two Heisman contenders putting up a zero 25 minutes into the game would not be considered "good." Rhule made it pretty clear that they didn't want to get into a shootout. Having hit the post on a field goal and a fumble on the first possession result in zero points given up, 0-0 seemed like a decent spot to be in for us. < It does helps that we were averaging 4-5 yards per rush at that point despite having nothing on the scoreboard. 

In the end, yes Colorado won and their offense took advantage of our miscues. They have some talented players and to their credit, they did make some halftime coaching adjustments to help themselves get going in the second half. However, I still do believe that Rhule is the better coach for our program than Deion would have been and strongly believe that using the first two games as the barometer of whether we made the right or wrong choice between the two is foolish. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Based on your sarcasm and the six days of analysis you took before the reply, it is possible that both are in fact true. Deion and his high powered offense with "allegedly" two Heisman contenders putting up a zero 25 minutes into the game would not be considered "good." Rhule made it pretty clear that they didn't want to get into a shootout. Having hit the post on a field goal and a fumble on the first possession result in zero points given up, 0-0 seemed like a decent spot to be in for us. < It does helps that we were averaging 4-5 yards per rush at that point despite having nothing on the scoreboard. 

In the end, yes Colorado won and their offense took advantage of our miscues. They have some talented players and to their credit, they did make some halftime coaching adjustments to help themselves get going in the second half. However, I still do believe that Rhule is the better coach for our program than Deion would have been and strongly believe that using the first two games as the barometer of whether we made the right or wrong choice between the two is foolish. 

Ugh this makes my head hurt. So Deion inherits a significantly worse team, he pulls in more talent than us, beats us by 3 possessions, doubles CU’s Ws from last year in just 2 games while we’re 0-2, but somehow we have the better coach. I envy your optimism.

• TBH 2
24 minutes ago, corncraze said:

Ugh this makes my head hurt. So Deion inherits a significantly worse team, he pulls in more talent than us, beats us by 3 possessions, doubles CU’s Ws from last year in just 2 games while we’re 0-2, but somehow we have the better coach. I envy your optimism.

Time will tell which team has the better staff long term.  But, I still wouldn't want Sanders at Nebraska.

• Plus1 2