Matt Rhule sucks

Husker816

I don't know why were pissed at the OC. Between false starts and turnovers half the plays he has called haven't even been run.

Everyone agreed Ruhle would need time, but nope we "fans' deserve better. Um, you don't deserve anything. 

I guess message boards are what they are, a place to vent. But people, I think this staff deserves a chance to succeed before we sick the dogs on the whole staff and start over again.  

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2

20 minutes ago, soup said:

I keep hearing “they ran Casey out of town”. I don’t seem to recall that. But whatever. Maybe I missed that this past spring. 

They didn’t. It’s just more fun to say it like that. 

Thompson was out for the spring. There wasn’t even a guarantee he’d be ready this fall. So they wanted to bring someone else in. Thompson didn’t like it and left. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 5
2 minutes ago, roadrat said:

I don't know why were pissed at the OC. Between false starts and turnovers half the plays he has called haven't even been run.

Everyone agreed Ruhle would need time, but nope we "fans' deserve better. Um, you don't deserve anything. 

I guess message boards are what they are, a place to vent. But people, I think this staff deserves a chance to succeed before we sick the dogs on the whole staff and start over again.  

It's hard for me to hate on the OC when the QB is terrible, and the line is bad as well.   

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Thompson was out for the spring. There wasn’t even a guarantee he’d be ready this fall. So they wanted to bring someone else in. Thompson didn’t like it and left. 

I don't remember it being particularly controversial when he left.  I was disappointed, but also knew he's been an injury case, so didn't fault Rhule too much for bringing his own guy in. 

4 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

It's hard for me to hate on the OC when the QB is terrible, and the line is bad as well.   

Isn’t it the OC’s job to make the QB into a good player?  Especially when they’re also the QB coach?  He went out and got a QB with a history of turnover problems and said QB still has turnover problems.  Somewhere there has to be accountability. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 4

3 hours ago, BoSolich said:

i think it's safe to say we got a fraud. what a colossal waste of money. won't be going to another game until the rhule era is over. so about 2.5 years.

also satterfield might be the worst OC in all of college football. he should be fired tomorrow at the very least.

I agree it looks bad and we have a crap show starting at quarterback.

• TBH 1
58 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

I dont know man. The schemes Satterfield has rolled out the past two weeks haven't seemed overly complicated. It was bad enough seeing CU load 9 in the box most plays. Now you want to see an even simpler scheme forcing Sims to hand off or pull the ball back from RB's belly? Yeesh! No thank you. 

I don't think this offense is complicated, my problem is that it doesn't fit our players. He's putting square pegs in round holes.

Call RPOs, simplify the reads, don't have Sims drop back and read the field.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

He knew Rhule favored Simms and wanted to be a starter his final year of eligibility, so I don't blame him for leaving. Even if healthy the whole offseason, I think Rhule would have still picked Simms over him.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

While true, we have to be honest and say that Satterfield is an absolute disaster. And Rhule hired him. 

Why he calls long developing pass plays with a liability at QB is terrible, let alone with the left side of the OL being a dumpster fire. He should realize his QB room is limited, and needs to develop an offense around the few strengths his QBs have, which is running the ball. 

But instead of developing an RPO based simple offense using the strength of his players, we're seeing one of the worst scoring offenses in the country, which is simultaneously penalty prone AND turns the ball over at an obscene rate. Rhule and Satterfield insist on this pro-style attack when anybody with eyes and a half dozen firing neurons in their brain can see is an absolute disaster.

Makes sense. Have heard that Satterfield complicates things. Perhaps it's his attempting to "fit square pegs into round holes" that gets him into trouble. Got to have the right personnel and, if ya don't, person's gotta adjust. Maybe he needs to suspend his ego and do it.

While he has a heck of a lot of athletic ability, expecting Sims to be a pocket passer really seems to limit him. Altogether, the offense struggles to get into a rhythm and capture or maintain momentum. Turnovers and catastrophic mental errors does that! Unlike the defense, it doesn't appear that they play loose but pretty tight which might be one of the contributing factors as well. The QB's play affects the whole unit from a psychological standpoint, too. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I don't think this offense is complicated, my problem is that it doesn't fit our players. He's putting square pegs in round holes.

Yeah and Am surprised that we don’t run any underneath, quick hitting plays. I don’t think I’ve seen any screens, or slants, or short crossing pattens. 

oh and more option plays not just RPO. Since our qb can run…

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

He’s got to be able to hang on to the ball for any of that to work 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
7 hours ago, mwj98 said:

I know Deion will look like a genius. But what he has done is not sustainable. It was a quick fix, he isn’t building a program. I see this team imploding once the hype slows down and I am not hating on them at all. I saw too many little things that made me head tilt. 

Be sure to reference this post because you heard it here first. 

What he is doing is adding to, not detracting from the hype. If hs bravado continues and he continues to have success he will have even more luck recruiting, not less.

Let’s take a look at this for what it is.  Trev or as I call him Trevor has done nothing in the almost 3 years he has been here with any of the teams. Before he was the AD at UNO he was analyst for ESPN saying on ESPN it was good idea to fire Solich after a 10 win season.  Then he gets the job at Nebraska and has done nothing.  The boosters have their own an agenda on what Nebraska football should like because of their money,  they need to get away from “ Nebraska ties” that’s coaches, ADs and all the above.  There are too many ties with the boosters as it is.  They got their 4th choice in Matt Rhule or as a I call him Matthew.  They didn’t even give Deion Sanders an interview then they take jabs at Deion Sanders and get spanked again.  All of the fans sit and wondered last year about why they paid Frost an additional 7.5 million and fired him a week earlier knee jerk reaction.  Well try this on for size Trevor was messing around with peoples wives, and they paid Frost an additional 7.5 million to go away quietly.  Funny how Frost was apparently not showing up or showing up drunk.  Also the allegations against Frost in or around Lincoln in the day in age of social media and smart phones and no ever sees it?  Bulls#!t.   Frost and other previous coaches in Pelini should’ve never came here.  Nebraska football is a fraud and what is going on in the program or what they are selling is extortion.  The sellout streak?  What sell

out streak?  When the boosters can buy all the tickets for a season and hand them out at gates on game day Saturday’s and call it a sell out is not a sell out.  Then they spend ridiculous amounts of money to fire Frost and hire someone as mediocre as Rhule to get the same results.  Every tan b!^@hed about Frosts buyout being so high and how they got ripped off what about Rhules buyout?  Has anyone realized Rhules buyout will triple if not quadruple Frosts buyout for s#!ttier results.  Wake up Husker fans…you want to stop seeing the product you are seeing year and year out stop buying season tickets and send a message to the boosters and Trevor Alberts and thins will change.  Until then you can’t be made at anyone but yourself because you’re buying into it.