Triaging the QB room

Scarlet

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Only at Nebraska can fans be so upset that we keep targeting our most talented receiver instead of throwing it to freshmen and walk-ons.

I don't mind targeting him but when teams are bracketing him and there is a guy running down the sideline that if he was anymore wide open we'ld be calling him your mom's legs, I have problem.  Burn!  jk I don't know your mom.  But seriously just throw to the open guy

• TBH 1
13 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Give me examples please. Haarberg’s sidearm motion of dropping the elbow and staying under the ball won’t work. 

To be fair you should explain though how Sims turning the ball over 4 times a game and fumbling the snap 4 times a game and his inaccuracy will work. Not to mention the last time he was put in for a single play he messed that up. How does that work?

8 minutes ago, ndobney said:

To be fair you should explain though how Sims turning the ball over 4 times a game and fumbling the snap 4 times a game

To be fair, you should explain why you choose to overlook Haarberg doing the same s#!t.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
13 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Give me examples please. Haarberg’s sidearm motion of dropping the elbow and staying under the ball won’t work. 

Lord knows I'm not comparing Haarberg to Patrick Mahomes, but to my eye it's a chosen motion in situations where the pass rush is coming over the top, and/or he is already rolling right and can't stop and plant. An occasional side-arm throw is pretty handy and looks cool when you pull if off. It's not like Haarburg is doing a straight drop back and side-arming it into the DL. At least not that I remember. For a tall QB, he still gets passes batted down with conventional mechanics. 

2 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I'm telling you Harry Potter screwed up all the QBs.  They all started throwing with a low elbow which is not what you want.  

I find it hard to understand how this became what we've seen this season.  If Verduzco is responsible for it, malpractice is the only accurate word.  

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, floridacorn said:

I find it hard to understand how this became what we've seen this season.  If Verduzco is responsible for it, malpractice is the only accurate word.  

Still looks like a pretty low delivery, but at 6" 5' he could get away with that in high school. When you're in college and everybody is over 6" 2' you're going to see the batted balls.

There's a huge disconnect between drill work specifically tailored towards mechanical perfection and a game environment where your brain is having to process a million more things and your body resorts to what it wants to do most naturally.

That being said, yes throwing motions (and general mechanics) can be changed - nobody has claimed otherwise. Hell look at Aaron Rodgers' college release. For me there's two complimentary ideas; the first is that for every successful fundamental mechanic change there's 50 that never stick, and the second is that when it does stick it's probably as much a byproduct of mental comfort and processing getting much better as it is a specific devotion to trying to retool a throwing motion.