malachi coleman

BoSolich

6 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Upset would be way too strong a term for me. Can't speak for Admo. 

It's not the craziest take, nor a slam on Rhule, that a fan might want to see more meaningful snaps for the younger players, given a season already pegged as a learning experience with low expectations. It's working on defense, and on offense we might not have much choice. For me it's not just Coleman, it's every WR and RB who was good enough to make the team. We are lacking a breakout offensive player at the moment, and history suggests there's probably one waiting in the wings. And nobody's talking about supplanting that hard-working starter --- just giving the youngsters a little more time, rhythm and play design. 

A player who is permanently scarred by a humbling freshman experience isn't likely to make the cut further down the line. Beau Davis approves of this message

I mean, if we accept that coaches always know more than the fans, HuskerBoard itself will cease to exist. 

• Plus1 1

Been following this thread. 
I totally get all the angles and all the sentiment

but let’s be honest, for this season at least our hopes and dreams don’t rest on one guy. It’ll take a team effort to get to 6 wins or more.

Since it looks like he’ll playing more due to injury and growth, great for the future too. 

players can grab an opportunity and break out or they can plug along and earn their spot. Either is likely so I’m going to enjoy watching, hopefully it’s the latter for Coleman. 

• TBH 3

3 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

crazy we didn't throw some deep balls to him earlier in the season. he's clearly the best deep threat we have.

Or NU was able to design a play to get him open, and Satt called a perfect play at a perfect time.  Nobody knows if Coleman wasn't running deep routes before just because he wasn't thrown any.

• TBH 3
3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Or NU was able to design a play to get him open, and Satt called a perfect play at a perfect time.  Nobody knows if Coleman wasn't running deep routes before just because he wasn't thrown any.

Exactly this.

Apparently TO told Rhule sometime before the game 'if you're going to run the belly g option, you have to put in a belly g pass.'

So, it was a great play call, good protection, a great pass, a great route, and a great catch. Five things went their way. But, it doesn't necessarily mean Malachi is the new deep threat or that they'll have success finding him on deep plays moving forward. He's still a young guy and Haarberg is still an inconsistent passer. That's not to take anything away from Malachi, because he executed excellently, but this offense hasn't really shown it can consistently get those five things right on the same play.

• Plus1 4

This is a thread on Malachi Coleman that has devolved into (another) QB debate.

Two things:

1) I’ve said before that Malachi gives me Randy Moss vibes & I LOVED how he had perfect form in catching it with his hands.

2) This play means a lot more than a TD: It means that, going forward, expect at least one fewer safety cheating up to crowd the box - which helps the running game (and short passing game).

• Plus1 4
5 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I apologize for derailing this Malachi Colman thread by bringing up Malachi Coleman, but it was nice to see that separation on the TD.  He smoked that guy.

I'm going to rewatch the game tomorrow like I usually do to pay more attention to more than just where the ball is like the first time around.  I'm pretty sure at least once he ran by his man on the side line and disappeared off screen while the safety came down to support covering the TE. Kinda like the first play of the game with #84 that led to an INT