Potential Assistant coach change(s)

While everyone is on the private QB coach bandwagon (and again, I don't think that makes sense), a name to watch is Glenn Thomas.  He is currently listed as an "offensive assistant" with the Steelers, but was the QB coach and co-OC with Rhule at both Temple and Baylor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Thomas_(American_football)

Thomas was then hired by Matt Rhule to coach quarterbacks for Temple. Marcus Satterfield, Temple's offensive coordinator shifted from coaching quarterbacks to running backs after the hire of Thomas.

Huh, that sounds really familiar.

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 5

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

While everyone is on the private QB coach bandwagon (and again, I don't think that makes sense), a name to watch is Glenn Thomas.  He is currently listed as an "offensive assistant" with the Steelers, but was the QB coach and co-OC with Rhule at both Temple and Baylor.

He has been the offense coordinator at UNLV and Arizona State.  I wonder how good his offensives have been.  I know he wouldn't take over the role from Satterfield but he could potentially down the road.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Thomas was then hired by Matt Rhule to coach quarterbacks for Temple. Marcus Satterfield, Temple's offensive coordinator shifted from coaching quarterbacks to running backs after the hire of Thomas.

Don't we also already have an analyst that is a QB coach also? Someone mentioned a name of one our analysts as the first option for QB coach when the season ended. 

2 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

That seems like the most likely scenario to me. Maybe Barthel is gone too, but I bet we'd hire a direct replacement there. I think a dedicated RB coach is more important than having dedicated TE and QB coaches. Any of those positions could go with the OC, but OC/RB and specific TE and QB coaches would be pretty unique from what I've seen. 

TE coach is the entry level position on the coaching tree. Being a hybrid position, it's the easiest position to coach on the offense.

I'm all for the idea of a dedicated QB coach with Satt at OC/TE. His dream is to play 4 TEs anyhow, so he may as well coach them.

2 hours ago, floridacorn said:

I hesitate to feed into all this speculation, but I seriously doubt a trainer makes anything close to an assistant coach these days.  Kieth Williams managed to continue training the likes of Tyreke Hill while he was a position coach at NU and Pep Hamilton did the same across his various coaching gigs.  

IDK, I would think a private QB coach/trainer for top notch NFL QBs makes a lot more bank than a D1 position coach. I have no idea but I imagine well north of $500k.

10 hours ago, Red Five said:

Odd that nobody liked this idea when I posted it two pages back. 

• Haha 3
14 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Odd that nobody liked this idea when I posted it two pages back. 

These like systems everything uses now need to go extinct. Mean and stupid posts get liked at an absurd rate in comparison to actual meaningful content. I may click it every once in a while around here just to avoid posting a reply, but by and large I completely ignore it.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, brophog said:

These like systems everything uses now need to go extinct. Mean and stupid posts get liked at an absurd rate in comparison to actual meaningful content. I may click it every once in a while around here just to avoid posting a reply, but by and large I completely ignore it.

I think the opposite.  If people who agree with a comment would just like it instead of stating the same thing over and over, these threads wouldn't be so full of repetitive posts.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, Hilltop said:

I think the opposite.  If people who agree with a comment would just like it instead of stating the same thing over and over, these threads wouldn't be so full of repetitive posts.  

I definitely agree with this comment. People should just like things they agree with, not make a new post! What an annoying thing for someone to do. 

• Haha 1