2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

7 hours ago, chamrocck said:

What’s the real story here as we have conflicting ones.  If McCord’s dad didn’t want to compete with Raiola then we should hear that Raiola is N, right?  Also if Raiola is OK competing are we still looking for a QB that fits more of a bridge role? 

Yeah, Raiola is N. He'll be arriving for his weekend OV soon, and they'll be shooting a commitment announcement video when he gets there.

As far as the competition side goes, it sounds like Raiola is OK with not being guaranteed the starting job this year, he just wants a legit chance to compete for it (probably not happening at Georgia if Beck comes back). As for the McCords, I think they (and particularly his dad) were OK with a QB competition until they saw who the competition was going to be. Dad got panicky and started making more demands, and apparently it reached the point where Rhule threw up his hands and said we're not gonna be able to do this.

As far as another 1-year bridge guys goes, I haven't heard any names. But look at that tweet I posted about Cam Ward - he didn't just name drop us out of the blue, you know? Rhule is probably trying to get in the ear of any top portal QB who will listen, with whatever dollar figure 1890 can provide.

25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

full

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2
7 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Yeah I've been wondering the same thing if Nebraska still wants to bring in another transfer qb or is ok with the qb room.  I wished Nebraska would have went after DeQuan Finn bc he truly is a dual threat qb.  He completed 63% of his passes for over 2600 yards with 22 td passes and 9 interceptions and he carried the ball 123 times for over 500 yards and 7 rushing td's. He's dangerous in the RPO system bc of his quickness.  Unfortunately Baylor, and USC are after him along with Michigan.

Would love DeQuan Finn as a bridge QB. He did a great job at Toledo. I, too, was hoping Nebraska might get some run with him.

31 minutes ago, Toe said:

Yeah, Raiola is N. He'll be arriving for his weekend OV soon, and they'll be shooting a commitment announcement video when he gets there.

As far as the competition side goes, it sounds like Raiola is OK with not being guaranteed the starting job this year, he just wants a legit chance to compete for it (probably not happening at Georgia if Beck comes back). As for the McCords, I think they (and particularly his dad) were OK with a QB competition until they saw who the competition was going to be. Dad got panicky and started making more demands, and apparently it reached the point where Rhule threw up his hands and said we're not gonna be able to do this.

As far as another 1-year bridge guys goes, I haven't heard any names. But look at that tweet I posted about Cam Ward - he didn't just name drop us out of the blue, you know? Rhule is probably trying to get in the ear of any top portal QB who will listen, with whatever dollar figure 1890 can provide.

full

What tweet?

edit:  nevermind.  I found it...

45 minutes ago, Toe said:

full

As much as i would love this. It aint happening. Can Promise you that. lol

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Toe said:

This is the most reasonable take I've read on why McCord didn't work out. 

• Plus1 1