2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

Purdy leaving sucks. He could have had a good year next year with more reps, but it's probably best for his career. The minute Purdy slips up everyone is going to be clamoring for the 5 star true frosh to take the reins.

He saw the writing on the wall. It probably would’ve been more like Purdy at #2, waiting for Raiola to struggle or mop up duty in a blowout. (Ah, remember those).

Would’ve been nice if he stayed but seems nobody wants to compete for the job anymore. Just hop in the portal and go where there’s less resistance. After this last season, I’m good with two promising freshmen being 1 & 2. Haarberg can go ahead and change positions and be emergency #3. 

I understand why Purdy jumped in the portal but I am not sure it will work out for him, there are so many QBs in there already.  Didn’t Gebbia bolt when he would have had significant playing time when AM got dinged up? He never really played again. I feel Purdy would have gotten good time as #2.

• TBH 3

13 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Am I the only one who thinks "Donkey Kong" when they see DK? Takes me a second everytime to process. Too much Nintendo as a kid?

I do too.  Nintendo but also Wii from a few years back.  

But sometimes when I see DK I hear the BK commercial jingle.  My mind goes from Donkey Kong to "at DK, have it your way - Matt Rhule"

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I feel like it's pretty telling that 2 SR QBs have now decided they didn't want to have to compete for a starting job with Raiola. 

I know everyone is going to say that Jeff Sims didn't want to compete here but I think that he was told thank you for coming here but we are going to go in another direction at qb next season especially with all the mistakes he made.

• TBH 1