2023 Season Final Grade Your Expectation vs Reality

TGHusker

Expectation vs Reality   

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

rhule won as many conf games this year as joseph won last year and joseph didn't have the advantage of a full off season and coaching against northwestern. so i am going to say 'f'. expected 6 wins before realizing how bad the division was, just got five. bad bad bad. do not pass go, do not collect $200. 

I picked 4-8 or an optimistic 5-7.....BUT, I got optimistic as the season progressed and thought that with one opportunity to get 1 with 4 games remaining we were going bowling.  MSU- 6 game losing streak.  Maryland 4 game losing streak and  Wisky with 3 game losing streak....I got caught hoping.  So my original thoughts they met my expectations, but really thought we'd go bowling

Offense-D.  Only because we won some games

Defense B- Thought about a C, but they kept us in games despite the offense.  Had they gotten more TO's/stops could be an A.  Sadly screwed by a D offense.

ST-C. They were probably C- or D+

Overall a D.  They pi$$ed away win after win after win after win....to another losing season.  With no bowl or extra practices.

5 hours ago, presidentjlh said:

D. This is a bad football program, with bad coaches. Defense was good. That’s about it.

Even then, the D gave up 22 yards up the middle to turn a 55 yard FG position into a much more makable one for Iowa...ending our season.    

The D was good this year, but there were critical moments we needed a play and couldn't get one.  That said, the O and ST did them no favors.

• Plus1 2

Fell a bit short of my overly optimistic preseason prediction but I can’t say I’m disappointed as I’ve learned to not really have any expectations.

Gave the defense a B grade. Hugely improved from last year but didn’t maintain through the last 4 or 5 games.

Gave ST a C. Still a liability but nevertheless improved from last season.

Offense gets an F. Not going to temper my grade based on injuries. The QB room was even worse, like Blutarsky 0.0 bad. I cannot and will not hold the new staff accountable for the s#!tshow of players they inherited. Yes they swung and missed on Sims and yes there were many instances of bad time management and questionable play calls but there was so very little raw material they had to work with.

Overall team grade is a D. There were many good reasons they sucked but they did suck nonetheless. But in the midst of all that suck I believe there were some signs that things will improve. Unfortunately the improvement will have to come while facing tougher competition. Things will never be easier schedule wise so that is cause for concern. But at least these losses don’t ruin my day any longer. I expect them to create ways to lose so, if/when they quit beating themselves, it will be enjoyable…maybe…someday in the future.

Disappointed. Anticipated a bit better and being more encouraged heading into the off season. Big uphill climb yet.

Defense B  Solid results year 1. Hopefully White remains and we will make significant strides again next year.

Offense D  QB play, turnovers, injuries, limited options to work with. The effort was there though and they didn't give up.

Special Teams C-  Returns the main issue there. We're just not generating better field position. Limiting returns seemed a touch better. Kicking and punting okay.

I'll throw in Offensive Line (C), Defensive Line (B-), Halftime Adjustments (C+) and Game Management (C).

OVERALL C  Gotta continue to get better every day and continue acquiring contributors!

I predicted 5-7 before the season started so I guess they matched my expectations just exactly perfectly.

But when they were 5-3 with all four of the remaining games very winnable and three of those teams were on extended losing streaks when we played them I expected them to be able to win at least one more. But per usual, they found ways to lose every one of them. Guess I should have expected that though.

For that reason my final overall grade is a D.