2024 Spring Game - April 27

Mavric

On 1/27/2024 at 1:57 PM, HuskersNC949597 said:

What's the point here? They shouldn't try to maximize revenue at the other two events even if it won't match the spring game which by default can hold roughly 14x more fans? People are going to show up for the spring game to watch Raiola no matter what time it kicks off. Might as well play it at a time where they can hope to entice a couple thousand people to wander over to Haymarket Park. Baseball is playing Iowa (who has won the series over Nebraska way too many times lately), I'd guess they'd get about 5K under normal circumstances which is pretty good, this timing could bump it up over 6K. Win-win.

No way a couple thousand people will walk down to Haymarket for ball..  you may get a few hundred...  and we are not just talking about a few extra tickets being sold...  the revenue generated in the local bar and restaurant market would be huge... 

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt we will see this but I think it would be awesome to make the spring game the spring league championship. Top 2 teams get to draft the players from the 3rd team and winner takes all for the spring league. Could be the start of fun tradition but it may not be feasible to do something like that

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I will be there!

I hate the start time but, oh well!

Excited to walk around Lincoln a bit and hit up some bars before the game.

Just don’t tell anyone about the little person that I paid to beat you up with that sock full of used butt plugs like you requested at the hotel. 

• Haha 4
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1