The Nebraska Cornhusker Curse- we know the effect but the opinions on the cause?

On 11/29/2023 at 5:38 PM, gossamorharpy said:

I don't believe in curses, I believe we made this s#!tty bed that we have to sleep in every night.

HOWEVER, if there was an event that started the curse, it isnt Solich firing.  Its the god damn flea kicker catch between frosty and davidson against missouri in 97.  While we won the title that year, that play zapped every single source of good luck/good will out of progrum for good in order to make that happen and keep the 97 season alive.  Its the only way to explain the title that never was in 99 and the decline from elite that we witnessed beginning in the last month of 2001.  

Everyone knows curses abide by Newton's 3rd law of physics.  A curse this vicious couldve only been born by something magnificent and extraordinary- that fateful evening in columbia in 97 cursed us all to this day

One would think that 26 years should be sufficient to pay the price for that 97 championship. It's time to get back on top!

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TonyStalloni said:

One would think that 26 years should be sufficient to pay the price for that 97 championship. It's time to get back on top!

Perhaps its the turning point, 27 years prior to the flea kicker we won our first title and went on a 27 year run that really had never been seen in the sport and still hasnt...

27 years post fleakicker is NEXT YEAR BABY, heres to another 27 year run of greatness :cheers

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 3

Let's see, nothing going on this site, no new topics of note, and I have the audacity to post something that 1/2 the people ridicule me for, and the other half have fun with it, and this is a bad thing, and I shouldn't have been able to post this because I haven't posted enough?  

I think it's good to know that about 1/2 our fan base doesn't take things too seriously and like to have fun.

• Plus1 1

Poor hires at head coach and some assistants, leading to poor development of some so-so recruits (I'm not saying there's no talent at all, but don't let the Rivals etc. rankings fool you either, recall Frost inflated his classes with some 4-star Florida kids that never set foot on campus.)

I don't know if Rhule is the answer, but he's at least showing up for practice on time, has had far more physical practices, and showed at other stops he can make changes as he goes instead of being stubbornly married to a system and staff.

There's no curse...we have QBs who aren't great and can't handle pressure and we have OCs who call stupid plays at critical times. Then there's the gambling aspect of modern sports that Coach Osborne warned about that makes you wonder what's going on behind the scenes. The real curse is that it's become semipro ball and it's not much fun anymore.

• Haha 1