QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!

87skers

2 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

In what way is this overly optimistic? These are the current 247 recruiting rankings, it is just simple math based on how the 247 analysts have rated each player. NU has been in the top 20-30 all year.

Hah. I misread it and thought this was a preseason poll. Just ignore me. I need more coffee.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

He wasn't wrong, they did have a very legitimate shot to win the west at that point in the season.  We were arguably equals to every team left on the schedule and we were tied for first place.  Without silly turnovers, we win 2, 3, or maybe even 4 of those games and win the west.  Our team floundered but that isn't on some talking head in the media who was just reporting the facts at that time.  

Yep, you are correct there. It's just annoying to me that the media is always onto the next thing when the football team has consistently proven that it's largely incapable of success. It's definitely a 'me' problem for sure.

3 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Yep, you are correct there. It's just annoying to me that the media is always onto the next thing when the football team has consistently proven that it's largely incapable of success. It's definitely a 'me' problem for sure.

This is the Husker fan PTSD at its finest. We just can’t accept that we can have nice things. Heck my brother was texting me this morning that Dylan was just using this NU commitment to drive up the NIL offer from UGA and that he would sign with them tomorrow. I feel like everyone needs to schedule a therapy session with Stuart Smalley…..

39futf.jpg

• Haha 6
  • TBH 2
4 hours ago, Decked said:

Demas is not a top receiver. He has like 3 offers 2 being MAC schools + us. Fleming is a much better option. Sat behind actual good OSU WRs. Unfortunately he is not coming here. Not sure who the other you’re talking about is. 

Not sure about that assessment of Demas. He's actually VERY gifted, perhaps even moreso than Fleming. Personal/domestic issues were his downfall.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1

FYI....this is a national story. From this mornings The Athletic:

Nebraska-bound Dylan Raiola finally chose home, and that’s great for college football

When five-star quarterback Dylan Raiola committed to Georgia on May 15, he posted a picture of himself wearing a Bulldogs uniform on Twitter. There was a single word bolded and prominently displayed in the graphic: home.

Yes, “home” is a word often used by recruits when they commit to a program, signifying their new digs for the foreseeable future. But when Raiola chose that word, it seemed intentional for an entirely different reason. Why? Because Georgia wasn’t home — even though he moved to the Peach State to play his senior season. The Nebraska program Raiola passed over before choosing the Bulldogs was actually home.

That was a bad day for college football because it was just another five-star quarterback doing what five-star prospects always do. It was the rich getting richer, and the distance between the haves and the have-nots growing even wider.

That’s what makes today such a special day. Raiola, the No. 6 overall player and the No. 2 quarterback in the 2024 class in the 247Sports Composite, changed his mind and decided to actually go home. On Monday afternoon, he flipped his commitment and will sign with Nebraska.

Edited by Enhance
Please only post snippets with links to outside content.
  • Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

3 minutes ago, GISker said:

How much dissension will the 2,000,000 dollar QB create with our lowly 3* recruits, working the offensive line to protect the ‘Chosen One’?

If any college player wants or thinks he can play in the nfl, they might want to get used to it !!  Most jobs in the World don't have equal pay.  Get over yourself and do your job.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 6
29 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

My goodness. I knew DR coming here would makes some Georgia fans upset. But my daughter showed me some comments people left on his IG page. Mean as hell. Damn

Can’t wait til he/we prove them wrong. F*** Georgia fans…might as well be Colorado to me now. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!