When was the last time…

Cornfed

You felt this much of a buzz about Nebraska football? God it sucked missing a bowl in the biggest tease of a way.. but there’s something brewing, I can feel it. 

I know nothing is official yet but I’ll relish in it for what it is. It’s been a dry 12 or so years (more really).. feels good to get some water. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 4

3 hours ago, Cornfed said:

You felt this much of a buzz about Nebraska football? God it sucked missing a bowl in the biggest tease of a way.. but there’s something brewing, I can feel it. 

I know nothing is official yet but I’ll relish in it for what it is. It’s been a dry 12 or so years (more really).. feels good to get some water. 

Doesn't Nebraska always win the off-season with all the buzz that surrounds the program???  That's when (the off-season) I get excited with all the changes to the roster it keeps me on the edge of my seat.

This is the thing that people don't like about us, even when we suck, we matter.  Even when we suck, millions of people watch our games.  Even when we suck, people spend money on the product.  Even when we suck, eyeballs are looking at us.

BUT WHEN WE DON"T SUCK, WE CAUSE TREMORS THROUGHOUT COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!

This is what pisses a lot of people off.

• Oh Yeah! 4

We are a hungry bunch- that is for sure.  The last time there was this much excitement - The 1000+ page thread about Scott Frost coming back to Nebraska to be coach.  It was a match made in football heaven as we and the national media thought.

Unfortunately that didn't pan out. 

But I think if all of these pieces fall in place, I believe Rhule is the right guy to make it work. 

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

We are a hungry bunch- that is for sure.  The last time there was this much excitement - The 1000+ page thread about Scott Frost coming back to Nebraska to be coach.  It was a match made in football heaven as we and the national media thought.

Unfortunately that didn't pan out. 

But I think if all of these pieces fall in place, I believe Rhule is the right guy to make it work. 

For me, the difference is that the excitement around Frost was excitement for the first step.  The second step was him bringing in good players.

NOW....I believe we have a good staff.  We are now on to the second step of bringing in the good players.

Further down the road to rebuilding the program.

4 minutes ago, Fru said:

The chatter about Jim Tressell coming to Neb after the Bo firing was a pretty wild, though short lived, time. 

Oh yes,  We could have had the Sweater.  

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

For me, the difference is that the excitement around Frost was excitement for the first step.  The second step was him bringing in good players.

NOW....I believe we have a good staff.  We are now on to the second step of bringing in the good players.

Further down the road to rebuilding the program.

Perhaps what we saw with a defense makeover this year, we will see in year 2 with the offense. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

The excitement around Frost coming home to coach was bigger than this. That seemed like a slam dunk hire to all of college football, and Nebraska was guaranteed to return to respectability.

This seems much more ethereal. Even if we get Raiola, McCord, Kaelin, Etienne and Fleming, which is a monumental task, it still feels like we'll find a way to mess up and miss a bowl game. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1