Penn State Scandal Thread

Eric the Red

What's sad about the whole situation is the absolute inability of certain members of the Penn State fanbase, including members of the Board of Trustees, to move on. Exactly what do they expect to gain by either the appeal or a subsequent lawsuit? Again, the penalties were agreed to by the administration. Unless there is enough support on the Board to vote to either overturn the decision of the administration or to remove the current president and put in someone who they believe will fight it, the move would appear to be pointless. Without a majority of the Board agreeing that they would have not voted to approve the sanctions, it's a few members of the Board spitting into the wind.

I don't agree to make the sanctions harder at this time, because I think it's a few individuals, and not the institution that are making the stink. If this were somehow turned into a fiasco where it were the institution making these demands and filing suit, then throw the book at them. But I'm not seeing it as that right now.

Update to this story...

It isn't over yet, according to trustees

I think the sanctions should be made worse because they're appealing them.

I totally agree. I also think they should get the death penalty if they lose the appeal.

Agree. Either accept it and move on..............or risk worse by dragging it out. (Death penalty PLUS previously agreed to sanctions)

how do you appeal a decision you accepted? i know it is different factions of the same group, but still.

Update to this story...

I totally agree. I also think they should get the death penalty if they lose the appeal.

Agree. Either accept it and move on..............or risk worse by dragging it out. (Death penalty PLUS previously agreed to sanctions)

how do you appeal a decision you accepted? i know it is different factions of the same group, but still.

Correct. They (the PSU Board) really needs to get their act together. This "suit" is not only prolonging the news cycle, it is making them look provincial, unrepentant and clueless.

Update to this story...

And that's the problem I have with the way everything has been worded by the media outlets. It's not really the 'Board of Trustees' appealing. It's only certain members, if I read it right. And I'm not sure that, even if the NCAA decided it was appealable, that just a few members of the Board can make that decision on their own. I think those members wouldn't have the standing, so to speak, to be able to do so unless a vote of the full body was taken on the matter. That's why I'm willing to give the rest the benefit of the doubt, because a few members blowing smoke shouldn't be cause to say the whole Board is doing this.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/54999/penn-state-announces-uniform-changes

The school on Tuesday announced two changes to the Nittany Lions' unis for the 2012 season.

1. A blue ribbon will be worn to honor victims of child abuse.

2. Players' last names will be displayed for the first time "in recognition of their resolve and dedication to the team and the university," a news release reads.

http://espn.go.com/b...uniform-changes

The school on Tuesday announced two changes to the Nittany Lions' unis for the 2012 season.

1. A blue ribbon will be worn to honor victims of child abuse.

2. Players' last names will be displayed for the first time "in recognition of their resolve and dedication to the team and the university," a news release reads.

Nice effort. A decade too late.