DC Candidates?

Stoops is the next DC at nebraska (this is what i know) and what i think is that he will prob be around for 3-4 years, but he will be announced after the bowl game, take it for what its worth, but you heard it here first folks

because.....(source please)

it's all about who you know, there arnt sources for these kinds of things, especially when it wont even go public anytime soon, but a deal is being set in place

But wouldn't the 'who you know' be the source? da skers said that Bo has talked to Mike Stoops but that he didn't think Mike would come here. I SO hope you are right, but (no offense) I'm afraid to get my hopes up. It would be such a great fit for us. Hope you're right and hope whoever your source is-is right too. We'll see!

Ok the "source" is my dad, and who he's friends with (ties with unl)....and also my good friends dad, who lets just say is a ways up the totem pole with unl athletics

Thanks for the insight man. I hope Stoops is the new D coordinator....other people who claim to be "in the know" have been stating that T.O. has been really pushing for Pelini to hire Zook or Stoops. Also, T.O. wasn't too happy about the idea that JP would be promoted to d-coordinator....have your sources stated anything of similar nature?? I for one know....that Pelini is the head coach and in his position he makes the decisions, not T.O. I don't know if I could see T.O. trying to force Bo to make a Stoops or Zook-type of hire....

I think the character of Bo is what is keeping him from getting a big name DC

1. Bo IS a big name DC.

Big name coordinators don't take a job because the head coach is a big name coordinator. They take it because their boss is a big name head coach and they can get some head coaching mentoring from one of the best...of which, Bo is not.

I'm not saying that big-name DCs will want to come here because Bo is a big name DC. I'm saying that we don't need a big name DC because we've already got one.

Well then who do we get as head coach???

I think he's saying we've already got a HC & DC with Bo. TO was the HC & OC for 25 years so what's the problem?

Stoops is the next DC at nebraska (this is what i know) and what i think is that he will prob be around for 3-4 years, but he will be announced after the bowl game, take it for what its worth, but you heard it here first folks

because.....(source please)

it's all about who you know, there arnt sources for these kinds of things, especially when it wont even go public anytime soon, but a deal is being set in place

But wouldn't the 'who you know' be the source? da skers said that Bo has talked to Mike Stoops but that he didn't think Mike would come here. I SO hope you are right, but (no offense) I'm afraid to get my hopes up. It would be such a great fit for us. Hope you're right and hope whoever your source is-is right too. We'll see!

Ok the "source" is my dad, and who he's friends with (ties with unl)....and also my good friends dad, who lets just say is a ways up the totem pole with unl athletics

The aquarium guy! Got it! He's solid ;) (jk-dad's are good sources :)) I hope he's right!

i love the "source guys" one minute they are geniuses and the next lets just say not so much. ive got a few sources but they arent always correct just like im sure guys like da skers and willies sources arent always correct. however for what its worth, my guys are also saying stoops has a contract in place and just needs to sign it. however they are saying that has been the status for a while now.

i love the "source guys" one minute they are geniuses and the next lets just say not so much. ive got a few sources but they arent always correct just like im sure guys like da skers and willies sources arent always correct. however for what its worth, my guys are also saying stoops has a contract in place and just needs to sign it. however they are saying that has been the status for a while now.

Big Willie's is wrong pretty much every time haha.