SIGNED OL Corey Whitaker

SECHusker

This young man is, to me, the most intriguing player we signed. He seemingly flew under the radar (why? I do not know). But on film he looked just crazy good. He was vicious. He never stopped. He obliterated people. He looked fast, agaile, and... based upon his motor out there (never stopping, nailing one guy, seeking another, nailing him) -- the guy has cardio too.

So... this young man may end up all-world. Or not. Who knows... but I am really encouraged and think that he will be fun to watch. Could be the one who exceeds his star ranking more than any other in the class.

This young man is, to me, the most intriguing player we signed. He seemingly flew under the radar (why? I do not know). But on film he looked just crazy good. He was vicious. He never stopped. He obliterated people. He looked fast, agaile, and... based upon his motor out there (never stopping, nailing one guy, seeking another, nailing him) -- the guy has cardio too.

So... this young man may end up all-world. Or not. Who knows... but I am really encouraged and think that he will be fun to watch. Could be the one who exceeds his star ranking more than any other in the class.

The biggest thing that Corey has said about the bolded, is that he never really put himself out there for colleges and services. Didn't go to camps and put out highlight tape after highlight tape for the world to see. Most every service has said they even underrated the kid.

I am with you though. It wasn't like Corey was playing C1/C2 level of competition. He pawned a lot of Division I DLinemen in the Inland Empire of SoCal. He is a mauler with a high motor, gotta love that.