DT Toby Johnson *

Nexus

Has an OV set to Georgia next weekend, that is a scary visit.

Yeah, I don't like this either.

Georgia already has 30 commits. How many do you think they will take this year?

prolly FITTY!!!

I like how we graduate one of our largest classes ever. Along with attrition. We are still only looking to take 23-25 recruits this year! Damn you Bo and your higher standards! Your "doing it the right way!" Your "go home and make sure this is the right place for you!" Caring about kids grades and their lives after football!

Time for a new coach boys! :D

• Fire 1

It's the SEC they could easily just boot out their worst commit and make room for him. Sad move but true.

prolly FITTY!!!

I like how we graduate one of our largest classes ever. Along with attrition. We are still only looking to take 23-25 recruits this year! Damn you Bo and your higher standards! Your "doing it the right way!" Your "go home and make sure this is the right place for you!" Caring about kids grades and their lives after football!

To be fair, Mark Richt is one of the few coaches in the SEC that has taken a staunch stand AGAINST the practice of oversigning.

I respect him a lot for that. Especially considering his team is now playing in SEC championship game for the 2nd straight year. Yeah, he's in a recruiting hotbed, but still, not taking as many kids as a lot of the dirtier schools must means he's a heck of a coach if he's still getting it done.

I PRAY Georgia knocks off Alabama so there's actually a team I can stomach cheering for in the MNC this year.

prolly FITTY!!!

To be fair, Mark Richt is one of the few coaches in the SEC that has taken a staunch stand AGAINST the practice of oversigning.

I respect him a lot for that. Especially considering his team is now playing in SEC championship game for the 2nd straight year. Yeah, he's in a recruiting hotbed, but still, not taking as many kids as a lot of the dirtier schools must means he's a heck of a coach if he's still getting it done.

I PRAY Georgia knocks off Alabama so there's actually a team I can stomach cheering for in the MNC this year.

So if its true that Georgia has 30 commits and Richt wont oversign what does that mean for Toby Johnson, are we in the driving seat or can Georgia take more players?

I can't say for sure if Richt would do this but I think a number of SEC coaches tell their lower ranked kids who verbally commit that they could be replaced if another highly ranked kid comes along and wants in. He wouldn't be "oversigning" either. Just shuffling the cards looking for a better draw. That being said I wonder if Richt would take a kid after knee surg and redshirt him to use him for two years knowing it would be a gamble.

It could be the deal sealer. I've always been scared of the Dawgs.

They have between 4-6 more from what I've heard.

But if he's just telling a previous commit that he can't sign, he would still be able to take a more-sought-after player instead of someone else without technically "over-signing".

But if he's just telling a previous commit that he can't sign, he would still be able to take a more-sought-after player instead of someone else without technically "over-signing".

At least he's got the balls to tell it to the kid's face rather than letting them show up on campus, get all settled in, and deciding later on who needs to be "cut."

The story that came out about the QB who had his scholly revoked thru mo fault of his own at LSU made me lose all respect for that scumbag Miles. The QB got a freakin LETTER letting him no he no longer Haida scholarship (he was an upperclassman). Keep it classy, Les.

IIRC, they also had a lineman on that same video that said they shafted him too. I'd recommend digging up the video if you want to learn some more about Miles' recruiting tactics at LSU. A google search of "LSU backup QB scholarship over signing" would probably do it.

Btw, Toby, come to NU bud! We're seriously the place to be!