TE Beau Sandland [Miami Commit]

Nexus

My apologies to all who took offense to my rant last night. At the end of two long solid weeks of 12 hours days. After a good nights sleep I can see I came off a bit harsh.

You are good man, as did I. I was sipping some whiskey as well which could have added to the issue. :)

If Cotton gets drafted, I think it will be in later rounds, maybe the 7th. If I were a betting man, I'd bet he goes as an undrafted free agent and potentially fights for a roster spot. I think he's a really good TE and works great for our system, especially run blocking.

I think we are missing one thing though. The TE who I believe WILL get drafted is Kyler Reed. He is the type of TE that a lot of NFL teams are shifting to. He's a great receiver for a TE and is really fast as well. He's a big matchup problem for defenses and I think if he keeps improving, he will be a solid contributor for an NFL team somewhere.

Needless to say, I love how our offense has evolved, and offensive prospects have to be intrigued with how much more our offense can continue to grow.

I come here to read about Beau Sandland. Period. If you guys want to argue, bet and have pissing matches about whether Ben Cotton will be drafted I have no problem with it.....just take it to Ben Cotton's page.

I am sorry, but who the f#*k are you to tell me that? Relax. Do you realize that conversations do in fact change course? So if you can't handle that, the door is right there.

I've looked really really hard. And I realize I suck at the internet. . . . But I don't see a door anyplace in this thread. (At least until some smart ass posts a picture of one.)

Back to the topic though, this is one of the biggest must gets on the board. In my honest opinion, Beau makes this offense into a National Championship Contender.

+1

He will fit in right away and our offense will get even more lethal.

If Cotton gets drafted, I think it will be in later rounds, maybe the 7th. If I were a betting man, I'd bet he goes as an undrafted free agent and potentially fights for a roster spot. I think he's a really good TE and works great for our system, especially run blocking.

I think we are missing one thing though. The TE who I believe WILL get drafted is Kyler Reed. He is the type of TE that a lot of NFL teams are shifting to. He's a great receiver for a TE and is really fast as well. He's a big matchup problem for defenses and I think if he keeps improving, he will be a solid contributor for an NFL team somewhere.

Needless to say, I love how our offense has evolved, and offensive prospects have to be intrigued with how much more our offense can continue to grow.

I agree on Reed, he's a type of guy NFL teams will salivate over at the combines.

I agree on Reed, he's a type of guy NFL teams will salivate over at the combines.

Yeah, you've gotta think that a TE running a 4.5 looks pretty good to NFL scouts.

I seriously think these remaining visits he's taking are just to make sure he has seen enough to really know his decision is right... in other words, I really think he knows he is going to a school he has already visited and is taking the rest of his visits to see what else is out there to make sure he didn't miss something big. When he visits Texas Tech he's going to be confirmed on what he already knows, and imo Miami will do the same.

OU/NU is the battle here. Can someone run a side by side analysis on TE use at each school over the past 2 years?

I know OU has a lot of TE's on their roster and a lot of depth at the position. That was something Beau mentioned after he visited. We have Jake Long and Sam Cotton and that's about it. We really need an upper classman to come in and start for us immediately as the go-to guy. I am just not sure if we use our TE's enough to warrant him seeing a way to get noticed on the field by the NFL which is something he wants.

Nebraska -

2012:

Kyler Reed - 21 catches, 325 yards, 2 TDs

Ben Cotton - 12-122-2

Jake Long - 6-55-1

2011:

Reed - 15-257-1

Cotton - 14-189-0

Oklahoma -

2012:

Trey Millard (FB) - 24-278-3

Brannon Green - 3-45-1

2011:

James Hanna - 27-381-2

Trey Millard (FB) - 13-127-1

Trent Ratterree - 10-101-2

Austin Haywood - 6-42-0

I included Millard because he's caught enough passes that I'm assuming they use him in an H-back role but haven't watched them play enough to know. They had a pretty good edge on us last year and Hanna is now in the NFL but we were also pretty banged up at TE last year. I'd say we have a good edge this year.

Nice post--good analysis. I think you are someone who "knows football".

Huskers have had a history of utilizing their tightends well. According to the 2012 Media Guide, Huskers currently have ----tightends--Reed, Jake Long, Trey Foster, Ben Cotton, Jared Blum, Sam Cotton, David Sutton, Eddie Ritter and Conor Mcdermott. Honestly, don't know much about the younger ones in this group. Know several are local.

Agreed--I cannot imagine him selected either TT or Miami over OU or NU.

GBR

Someone on another board did an analysis on the stats this season and out of all the teams he is considering, ASU's TEs have the most receptions and yards followed by us. We use our TE plenty well considering all the weapons we have. Hes watching all of our games, and no doubt he see that, hes a smart kid. Still think hes ours, we will find out in about a month.

I believe he is a December grad, so he will be deciding sometime in December. Look for him to visit again with his mom before he pulls the trigger.

I am sure he has already decided where he is going I mean come on he has to get registered. Good luck getting to the classes you want if you haven't signed up for them by now!!

Not true. I've always been able to change my classes around the day before they start, and sometimes after. He's also going to be a freshman so he can pick and choose whichever gen ed classes he feels like taking.