TE Beau Sandland [Miami Commit]

Nexus

Will visit Texas Tech December 7th

barf!!!

1. some people say we are in the lead (get moms approval and its a done deal).. he must not be all that convienced

2. dont ever really believe fully the whole 'just going along with the process and enjoying the officals' if i was a kid id have a hard time lying and faking it a whole staff and team i was there for realls to check the program out.....

3. get the kid N!!!

just making sure cause I am blocking him. At least when I think we should pass on a player I have another one I want more like Lavon Hooks, or Dashon Hunt, and I am not sold on Priest he seems like a Safety and I like what we already have at safety. If Hunt was 2 inches taller he would be a 5 star. He has play making ability which means turnovers. Plus I am very suspcious of players that seem to have UCLA and Neb as their top two. I think I would pass on that. I like Toby Johnson he is actually my favorite, but he does have a knee injury. As long as he came to the game thats cool. Just don't want to focus all of our attention on a player that is playing us. I may be wrong but I think Willis is playing us.

I'm just curious as to what you like about our safety situation looking towards next year. We lose our top 3 guys and Harvey Jackson has seen like 20-30 snaps this year. Right now we are seemingly reliant on moving one or two of our corners to the safety position and who knows how that could turn out

I am just curious as to what you like about Obama if I may ask?!?!?!?!?

Objection your Honor, relevance. The witnesses personal political opinions have nothing to do with the recruitment of a junior college tight end...

There is a politics & religion forum. Go seek your answer there.

It is ridiculous how idiotic some posters contributions are to this forum. Seriously - passing on Priest Willis would be the biggest knucklehead move of all time, for this program.

Second biggest. You haven't forgotten about the previous administration, have you. :lol:

• Fire 1

I seriously think these remaining visits he's taking are just to make sure he has seen enough to really know his decision is right... in other words, I really think he knows he is going to a school he has already visited and is taking the rest of his visits to see what else is out there to make sure he didn't miss something big. When he visits Texas Tech he's going to be confirmed on what he already knows, and imo Miami will do the same.

OU/NU is the battle here. Can someone run a side by side analysis on TE use at each school over the past 2 years?

I know OU has a lot of TE's on their roster and a lot of depth at the position. That was something Beau mentioned after he visited. We have Jake Long and Sam Cotton and that's about it. We really need an upper classman to come in and start for us immediately as the go-to guy. I am just not sure if we use our TE's enough to warrant him seeing a way to get noticed on the field by the NFL which is something he wants.

I seriously think these remaining visits he's taking are just to make sure he has seen enough to really know his decision is right... in other words, I really think he knows he is going to a school he has already visited and is taking the rest of his visits to see what else is out there to make sure he didn't miss something big. When he visits Texas Tech he's going to be confirmed on what he already knows, and imo Miami will do the same.

OU/NU is the battle here. Can someone run a side by side analysis on TE use at each school over the past 2 years?

I know OU has a lot of TE's on their roster and a lot of depth at the position. That was something Beau mentioned after he visited. We have Jake Long and Sam Cotton and that's about it. We really need an upper classman to come in and start for us immediately as the go-to guy. I am just not sure if we use our TE's enough to warrant him seeing a way to get noticed on the field by the NFL which is something he wants.

Sutton is there also. I would say Long is the best candidate of the 3 to start only because that is who has played this year. However Cotton is on RS right now so we couldn't see him play this year and Sutton is just a RFr. so who knows how he does after another offseason to develop.

Jermaine Gresham was a good TE for the Sooners who is now in the league. He's the only TE from OU that comes to mind. Problem is, he is making plays for the Bengals.

We don't have the same type of TE visibility that they do in that sense. Mike McNeil was great for the Huskers, but he's signed to the Rams and isn't starting.

However, if you look at the TE usage lately, we definitely take the cake over them. Reed and Cotton have been used a lot all season. We probably just showed Sandland game film of them, described their responsibilities, and told him that is the role he'd be taking on. I bet he loved hearing it.

I am just not sure if we use our TE's enough to warrant him seeing a way to get noticed on the field by the NFL which is something he wants.

This sentence is a farce. First off the weapons that are in this offense make it hard to spread the wealth. This is a problem beau likes. Knowing that he has guys that will leave him in very favorable match hon.

Second shots are looking at way more things the number of catches a TE had in a year. How they block and Finnish plays factor in almost more in their eyes. Things like this out weigh the numbers, a reason why Ben Cotton will be drafted

Plus I am very suspcious of players that seem to have UCLA and Neb as their top two.

Don't sure I follow on this....

Back to the original subject. TE is the number 1 need on offense. We have one but could use more. A juco TE would really bridge the gap between the TE classes and really be the cherry on top of a really good offense for next year. Would not be surprised to see us offer Casey Sayles (Sp?) too. The other spot on Offense that I think we need to get a few more bodies is OL. We need at least 2 more.

If we don't get Sandland this year I actually think that could change our offense a wee bit next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see us go to the Hback alignment for next year if we don't get Sandland. This would allow us to leverage some of our FB's to account for the inexperience at TE as we have some very capable FB's.. I also think Collins is going to be a good FB.

Anyway back to TE. I think Taylor is going to be really really good next year. The entire receiving corp is going to benefit from that. We have already seen them send the TE deep, use them as safety valves and use them as the primary target off of play action. We definitely use the TE as a weapon.