SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

This is a bit mean, but when I heard Kincade speak I was kind of glad he wasn't our commit. I could only understand every third word.

stop-sign.jpg

Why? The dude has the weirdest accent I've ever heard

you publicly dismissed a player because of something that has nothing to do with football... not a good look.

Here at Nebraska, we like our QB's to be well spoken (Martinez)....Insert Sarcasm....

The real question with Stanton is.....

Did the guys from Workaholics have something to do with his commitment to NU?

In the first episode of Season 2, the guys had some high school kids steal a statue (dragon) from their yard. It turns out one of the kids was the star high school quarterback who was going to Nebraska. The town is Rancho Cucamonga, which is (somewhat) similar to Rancho Santa Margarita.

Coincidence?

ithinknot.jpg

:sarcasm (just having fun y'all)

• Fire 1

Still not a 4* on rivals despite being one on all three other sites and the Elite11 coaches obviously considering him a top qb. Gorney is a joke. Stanton's throws may not be pretty but like Dilfer said the ball gets where it's supposed to go.

Let him play his senior season, then if he doesn't get the bump I'll be shocked. But Rivals couldn't have their guys at the Elite 11, could they?

Still not a 4* on rivals despite being one on all three other sites and the Elite11 coaches obviously considering him a top qb. Gorney is a joke. Stanton's throws may not be pretty but like Dilfer said the ball gets where it's supposed to go.

Let him play his senior season, then if he doesn't get the bump I'll be shocked. But Rivals couldn't have their guys at the Elite 11, could they?

Thing is what else can he do? He won the championship in heroic fashion last season and is leading the #1 rated team in the country going into this season. Expectations are damn high and will be damn hard to excede. Media does have Elite11 access but didn't get to see everything staff did. They do Elite11 appraisals but thing is they bring their own personal and site biases to the table and are less qualified than the Elite11 staff to evaluate. They dismiss his staff ranking as coaches liking that that he's a good worker and learner. They ignore the fact that Stanton was moving the offense and hitting receivers as well as the dropback qb's because they don't like his mechanics.

Thing is what else can he do? He won the championship in heroic fashion last season and is leading the #1 rated team in the country going into this season. Expectations are damn high and will be damn hard to excede. Media does have Elite11 access but didn't get to see everything staff did. They do Elite11 appraisals but thing is they bring their own personal and site biases to the table and are less qualified than the Elite11 staff to evaluate. They dismiss his staff ranking as coaches liking that that he's a good worker and learner. They ignore the fact that Stanton was moving the offense and hitting receivers as well as the dropback qb's because they don't like his mechanics.

They didn't like Max Browne's mechanics either, but all the media loves him.

They didn't like Max Browne's mechanics either, but all the media loves him.

He's committed to SC and has prototypical height, so those could be factors. I just have a feeling that JS could have toughness and leadership qualities that I just am not seeing from Browne personally.