Next year's schedule

The two teams who could blow us out next year are UCLA and Michigan. Since UCLA is a home game, that will either be a close loss or a win for the Huskers. We've done well at home, and with the toughest games at home being Michigan State and UCLA, I see us going 2-0 in that stretch and having another undefeated year at home.

Michigan will be the toughest regular season game.

I'd say 10-2, maybe 11-1, with the slight potential to be 12-0.

The two teams who could blow us out next year are UCLA and Michigan. Since UCLA is a home game, that will either be a close loss or a win for the Huskers. We've done well at home, and with the toughest games at home being Michigan State and UCLA, I see us going 2-0 in that stretch and having another undefeated year at home.

Michigan will be the toughest regular season game.

I'd say 10-2, maybe 11-1, with the slight potential to be 12-0.

I'd say 10-2 and lean towards us falling short of that because of those trademark letdown games. This year we sort of missed that loss, but instead had an extra massive embarrassment.

With a decade worth of football luck and bounces... Doubt we get it next season :-(

You're looking threw one-sided glass, aren't you? Did you forget about the phantom PI during the Michigan game? Or the late hit out of bounds (Stafford was pushed in the back, into the guy out of bounds) during the Michigan St. game that would've stopped their go-ahead touchdown? Or the punt at UCLA when the ball CLEARLY didn't ever hit Ameer, yet was called as hitting his foot? Or losing our quickest linebacker before the season started? Or losing our best D-lineman before our biggest game?

I'm not making excuses. I just can't stand when people bring up "how lucky the Huskers are", or bring luck in general into a football conversation. Calls get blown, people drop passes, good players get hurt. In the end, it is what it is, and luck has nothing to do with it.

• Fire 4

With the continued improvement we should see on offense and an improvement on defense, this schedule should allow us one thing. We should be able to develop backups. When we have been fighting tooth and nail to win every game with major comebacks, backup players are not going to get major snaps.

Next year's schedule could allow that to happen.

With the continued improvement we should see on offense and an improvement on defense, this schedule should allow us one thing. We should be able to develop backups. When we have been fighting tooth and nail to win every game with major comebacks, backup players are not going to get major snaps.

Next year's schedule could allow that to happen.

I also don't see our team being as tired and banged up at the end of the season.

Our toughest games on the schedule are UCLA and Michigan.

If we can get past them I don't see any reason we aren't 12-0 going into the CCG against a 12-0 OSU with the winner going to the MNC.

I had your optimism a couple of weeks ago. I thought we could be 11-1 going into the ccg next year. Not anymore. I began to analyze our come from behind wins - they were against teams wt not the best rankings. Our wins were against average at best teams - thus we were barely average ourselves. I'm sure spring football will come along and we will all begin to drink the kool aid again - always thinking the best. I see next year as a good offensive year but again erratic due to turn overs. I see the D, even with new players, a step back due to inexperience. 8-4 again or 7-5.

I'd like for someone to get us out of our misery, Bo needs to win the CCG and a BCS game or go 2-10 (thus a new coach and system that can take us to the top) - so we get out of this 'a little bit above average' rut.

Yea I know - a 9 or 10 win season is not misery - but it is for us fans who were fans before 2002. We've been nothing but average or worse since then. We've had a few good moments - Big 12 championship game 3x and Big 10 once - buit 0-4 in cc games during the last decade.

Our toughest games on the schedule are UCLA and Michigan.

If we can get past them I don't see any reason we aren't 12-0 going into the CCG against a 12-0 OSU with the winner going to the MNC.

I had your optimism a couple of weeks ago. I thought we could be 11-1 going into the ccg next year. Not anymore. I began to analyze our come from behind wins - they were against teams wt not the best rankings. Our wins were against average at best teams - thus we were barely average ourselves. I'm sure spring football will come along and we will all begin to drink the kool aid again - always thinking the best. I see next year as a good offensive year but again erratic due to turn overs. I see the D, even with new players, a step back due to inexperience. 8-4 again or 7-5.

I'd like for someone to get us out of our misery, Bo needs to win the CCG and a BCS game or go 2-10 (thus a new coach and system that can take us to the top) - so we get out of this 'a little bit above average' rut.

Yea I know - a 9 or 10 win season is not misery - but it is for us fans who were fans before 2002. We've been nothing but average or worse since then. We've had a few good moments - Big 12 championship game 3x and Big 10 once - buit 0-4 in cc games during the last decade.

I'm 30 years old. I remember the glory days of the 90's, the almost was of the 80's, and the downward spiral that was the 2000's.

But I think that makes it easier to believe that we can get back on the track we had laid out 20 years ago. I believe Pelini will get us there, it will just take time.

I've been going over and over what this team could have done different and I just don't see a different ending in Indy with the team we have now. Untimely injuries and tired players due to our schedule. Coaches unprepared for Wiscy the second go round.

But that is why I can be optimistic. I see what we have coming up the pipeline, I see the recruits we've signed the last two years, and I see a schedule the next two years that is Taylor (see what I did there?) made for a MNC run.

Our toughest game of the season is going to be the B1G CCG, that doesn't mean we won't be tested but it will be nothing like the last two years.

I think we need some changes made, don't get me wrong. I'd like to replace Paps and Cotton (and with the schedule we have the new coach adjustments have about 8 games to get worked out).

That being said I expect another 10 win season, but God do I hope we do better and make a run for it all.

I'm 30 years old. I remember the glory days of the 90's, the almost was of the 80's, and the downward spiral that was the 2000's..

How, you were still eating cheerios out of the couch cushions? And I'd argue we were 13-14 in the glory days of the 90's....still a little too young to appreciate it. I remember it - but I don't think I can fully grasp the magnitude of it since to me at the time that was the norm, not the exception that it truely was. I think that's why a lot of opinions on this board differ so greatly. The "norm" I grew up with was very different than most peoples. And I was too young to really understand the greatness that it was. by 99-2001 I think we had it...but again, that was just the icing on the cake we'd already been eating for 7 years.

(i'm 30 too)

I'm 30 years old. I remember the glory days of the 90's, the almost was of the 80's, and the downward spiral that was the 2000's..

How, you were still eating cheerios out of the couch cushions? And I'd argue we were 13-14 in the glory days of the 90's....still a little too young to appreciate it. I remember it - but I don't think I can fully grasp the magnitude of it since to me at the time that was the norm, not the exception that it truely was. I think that's why a lot of opinions on this board differ so greatly. The "norm" I grew up with was very different than most peoples. And I was too young to really understand the greatness that it was. by 99-2001 I think we had it...but again, that was just the icing on the cake we'd already been eating for 7 years.

(i'm 30 too)

My dad got his bachelors and masters degrees from UNL, I've been watching Husker football for as long as I can remember and hearing from my dad about the teams in the 70s for just as long.

I clearly remember the Big 8 days, the excitement of the championships (dad let me stay up to watch) and going in to school in Texas and not understanding why my fellow students couldn't care less that the Huskers won it all.

I still remember calling my dad at a party he was at after the miracle catch against Mizzou, even though he didn't believe me.

I might not remember the early 80s as well as I wish, but I do remember my dads letdown during those years.

With a decade worth of football luck and bounces... Doubt we get it next season :-(

You're looking threw one-sided glass, aren't you? Did you forget about the phantom PI during the Michigan game? Or the late hit out of bounds (Stafford was pushed in the back, into the guy out of bounds) during the Michigan St. game that would've stopped their go-ahead touchdown? Or the punt at UCLA when the ball CLEARLY didn't ever hit Ameer, yet was called as hitting his foot? Or losing our quickest linebacker before the season started? Or losing our best D-lineman before our biggest game?

I'm not making excuses. I just can't stand when people bring up "how lucky the Huskers are", or bring luck in general into a football conversation. Calls get blown, people drop passes, good players get hurt. In the end, it is what it is, and luck has nothing to do with it.

Those were all teams we should have buried. But nope not when Bo is our coach. We sneak by the scrubs and get blown out by teams with equal or greater talent.

Losing these players etc happens to every single freaking team. Keep polishing your turd with a large glass of kool aid.

We will be 10-4 and unranked. If this is ok with everyone then I now know why we will always be average and not elite again.

• Fire 1