Scott Frost

Unless Scott Frost is some kind of defensive wizard I don't get why we need him. I'm pretty sure he isn't a guru on the D side.

Not that this makes him a guru, but he did play safety at Stanford as well as safety in the NFL. From a playing standpoint, he's pretty well rounded playing both safety in college as well as QB and safety in the NFL. I'm not really sure how he ever became a WR coach. I have no doubt he'll be a head coach someday, but I highly doubt it's ever here. What's the over/under on the amount of years Chip Kelly makes it in the NFL?

What date does ND play in the BCS Title game? The o/u for Kelly might be in days, not years. (If he stays I'll bet ND gives him a big fat raise--even coming off a blowout loss to Bama.)

As for Frost, he's on a fast track to coach. But not quite as fast as some of us on this board think. He's a position coach with a handful of year's experience. He'll most likely need at least a couple years as a coordinator before HC jobs are offered to him. At least from BCS conference schools.

Why would Notre Dame give Chip Kelly a big fat raise when their current coach Brian Kelly got them into the NC game?

Ha ha! NVM. I am a stupid. :facepalm:

Unless Scott Frost is some kind of defensive wizard I don't get why we need him. I'm pretty sure he isn't a guru on the D side.

Not that this makes him a guru, but he did play safety at Stanford as well as safety in the NFL. From a playing standpoint, he's pretty well rounded playing both safety in college as well as QB and safety in the NFL. I'm not really sure how he ever became a WR coach. I have no doubt he'll be a head coach someday, but I highly doubt it's ever here. What's the over/under on the amount of years Chip Kelly makes it in the NFL?

What date does ND play in the BCS Title game? The o/u for Kelly might be in days, not years. (If he stays I'll bet ND gives him a big fat raise--even coming off a blowout loss to Bama.)

As for Frost, he's on a fast track to coach. But not quite as fast as some of us on this board think. He's a position coach with a handful of year's experience. He'll most likely need at least a couple years as a coordinator before HC jobs are offered to him. At least from BCS conference schools.

You are thinking of Brian Kelly (ND coach), I think. Chip Kelly (OU coach) is rumored to be moving to the NFL.

I would guess the Dr. Tom/Frost rift stems from an incident involving Lawrence Phillips and a woman.

It actually predates that, back to when Scott's parents -- both successful Husker athletes -- seemed to enjoy that their son was going to Stanford instead of Nebraska, because the university wasn't giving them enough love.

There's still a lot of Nebraska fans butthurt over the fact that Frost chose Stanford over Nebraska. I have never really understood this. Walsh was highly thought of in the coaching ranks particularly the NFL. It wasn't as if TO had put a lot of QB's into the NFL. It would have been completely different had he been recruited to play safety at both, but he wasn't.

Oh I agree. If Bill Walsh comes to your living room in Broken Bow, Nebraska and invites you to join him for a free ride at one of the most expensive academic institutions in America, it's kinda crazy to say no.

But as I recall, Scott's parents used the recruitment to air some personal grievances against NU, and the general feeling was that they were dicks about it.

I'm having a hard time believing a lot of whats said on here, so you guys are telling me that to this day Tom Osborne hold a grudge against a former player over something that happened about 15 years ago...TO just doesnt seem like the kind of guy that would hold a grudge against a man for something he did when he was a teenager, if there was still a rift between them why would Frost be one of the people in the tribute videos that played in TO's last home game as AD. not saying there never was one but a lot of this just sounds ridicules there are plenty of coaches out there that are nebraska alumus that never came back

I'm having a hard time believing a lot of whats said on here, so you guys are telling me that to this day Tom Osborne hold a grudge against a former player over something that happened about 15 years ago...TO just doesnt seem like the kind of guy that would hold a grudge against a man for something he did when he was a teenager, if there was still a rift between them why would Frost be one of the people in the tribute videos that played in TO's last home game as AD. not saying there never was one but a lot of this just sounds ridicules there are plenty of coaches out there that are nebraska alumus that never came back

I don't buy that either. I do believe what da Skers is saying though.

Frost actually got his coaching start on the Defensive side of the ball. He was even the DC at UNI before Kelly hired him to coach WRs.

Frost actually got his coaching start on the Defensive side of the ball. He was even the DC at UNI before Kelly hired him to coach WRs.

Pelini gets torn up on the board for hiring people with no experience. Scott Frost get a pass because he played at Wood River.

Pelini gets torn up on the board for hiring people with no experience. Scott Frost get a pass because he played at Wood River.

Have you even read the thread? Not a single person is advocating to hire Scott Frost right now. Good grief.

Have you even read the thread? Not a single person is advocating to hire Scott Frost right now. Good grief.

Here's the OP...good grief.

Chip Kelly leaves Oregon, does Frost look elsewhere to improve career or any chance he comes back home to Nebraska?

Maybe you should ask 'Eric the Red' if he is thinking Frost at Doane or UNK.

NFL playing experience and was a DC at the FCS level to a position coach at the FBS level is actually not considered hiring someone with no experience in my eyes. Seems like the next step for a young guy moving up the ranks.