DE Harrison Phillips [Stanford - Signed LOI]

Coaches screwed up on this one. This is a mistake that shouldn't have happened. Learn from your errors

Yep, this kid is a guaranteed All-American. I mean, he's an instate kid with some talent, so that has to be true. No reason to even let the coaches take a look at him. And the coaches should have already made NU more academically prestigious than lowly Stanford. That's just bad coaching and recruiting right there.

Have you seen our defensive line lately? We need all the talent we can get, regardless if phillips doesn't pan out the way you want him to

Coaches screwed up on this one. This is a mistake that shouldn't have happened. Learn from your errors

Yep, this kid is a guaranteed All-American. I mean, he's an instate kid with some talent, so that has to be true. No reason to even let the coaches take a look at him. And the coaches should have already made NU more academically prestigious than lowly Stanford. That's just bad coaching and recruiting right there.

Have you seen our defensive line lately? We need all the talent we can get, regardless if phillips doesn't pan out the way you want him to

Is NU even recruiting him for DL? My sarcasm is directed at your assertion that the coaches screwed up. Kid could just like Stanford more. Or want to leave the state. Or a host of other reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with the coaches. And that's even assuming he's going to become a good player in college.

I think he is gonna stay in Nebraska. Has he visited Stanford or UCLA yet? If you were gonna choose between a school your dream was to play for in your home state or a School with awesome academics that is across the country away from your family that you have never visited. I think he stays home.

I honestly think he made his mind after going out and camping at Stanford on his own dime. You dont spend the money if your not interested. Then the husker offer came and pulled at his heart, but after taking his time to think about it he feels Stanford is a better fit for him. Just my opinion and I hope I'm wrong! Guess we all find out soon

I dont think it's a big deal if we lose him. But I would welcome him with open arms if he committed.

Agreed. He is a good talent, but idk if he fits what Bo is trying to do.

This. If he did he would have gotten offered sooner. Just the facts. He fits Stanford's defense better, that's why he probably picks them, and I say good luck.

I dont think it's a big deal if we lose him. But I would welcome him with open arms if he committed.

This. If he did he would have gotten offered sooner. Just the facts. He fits Stanford's defense better, that's why he probably picks them, and I say good luck.

"Fit" on a defensive line is overrated, and certainly nothing that a gifted player couldn't overcome....

"Fit" on a defensive line is overrated, and certainly nothing that a gifted player couldn't overcome....

In college it's not as big of a deal your right, but it's obvious he's a tweeter in our system, as they were seeing where he would fit trying him at 3 different positions. That probably hurt him the most as far as us offering goes. I can see him coming here and getting moved 2 or 3 times, never settling on a position until late in his career. Newell is more important to this class, and the dline. We have some pretty good young d ends.

I hope you're wrong. I love D-lineman who are great wrestlers. But like you said, I wish him well if he ends up at Stanford. The #1 rush D in the nation last year. That's a great situation to end up in, not to mention the academics. I do think that he would excel here as well though.