****Fall Camp Twitter Thread**** aka the RG44 love fest

If it's so difficult, I suppose we could just copy Norm Parker and play cover 2 all game long. We probably won't have huge 40+ yard busts, but we'll get dinked and gashed all game long by teams with any speed.

Bo's "system" is extremely similar to Nick Saban's defense. Both use a 2 gap and a pattern matching zone/m2m in the secondary, except Saban uses a 3-4 base (for disguising pressure) instead of a 4-3. The biggest difference is that Saban has better athletes. That's what it takes to run this type of D, quick feet and route recognition.

Ya, the reason for our defensive downturn not only gets down to the athletes but that this scheme really relies on having the right athletes where another might "make do" better. Saban fills up on athletes to where he doesn't really have to decide so much between athleticism and knowing the scheme. The athletes that get it play and athletes that don't are processed-out. Being that we don't shove guys out the door like Saban we really can't afford to have the defensive recruiting classes we did. Thankfully things seem to be turning around now. This young group will make mistakes and be a work in progress but the talent is there and they should improve with experience.The ceiling is much higher than with last year's senior-heavy but slow squad. I think next year's squad is salty, especially if we can get Pelon in the fold.

This means that 2003 has to be more complicated or the same complication level as 2012 by using logic alone. Coaches aren't stupid...they don't make things MORE complicated as time goes on. I'd say that what Ruud is saying is absolutely true and applies for today's defense as well.

Coach Beck and the offense would disagree with you. Do you think since we're in year 6, Bo has simplified to playbook down to pee-wee level? Or how long before it gets to that point...since they make things easier every year? Eventually it has to get there, ya know..by using logic alone.

This means that 2003 has to be more complicated or the same complication level as 2012 by using logic alone. Coaches aren't stupid...they don't make things MORE complicated as time goes on. I'd say that what Ruud is saying is absolutely true and applies for today's defense as well.

Coach Beck and the offense would disagree with you. Do you think since we're in year 6, Bo has simplified to playbook down to pee-wee level? Or how long before it gets to that point...since they make things easier every year? Eventually it has to get there, ya know..by using logic alone.

I'd say not making things more complicated couldnt be farther from the truth. I would think as a coach, the more time you spend on the sideline the more you see and come up with new and fresh ideas to combat the different innovations on the opposite sides. Again, these are just my opinions, and I'm just not seeing how there could be any comparison in the complexity of Bo's defense now to that of 2003.

I just want to give props to AA. That guy was a work horse for us last year and all anyone seemed concerned about was when Rex would be back. Now that he is the feature back from the get go, all anyone wants to talk about are the other guys. I know he's a humble guy, but I just feel he's chomping at the bit to get out there and show what another year in development and year in the system can do for him. Big ups young man and expecting big things. :rant

I think Benning can take his T-shirt and stick it where his sunshine isn't coming from.

Pretty sure Benning is on the bandwagon. If you listen to his show this shirt is for Gary Sharpe. He's the one that was putting out the "cautiously optimistic" stuff.

I think Benning can take his T-shirt and stick it where his sunshine isn't coming from.

Pretty sure Benning is on the bandwagon. If you listen to his show this shirt is for Gary Sharpe. He's the one that was putting out the "cautiously optimistic" stuff.

I will take your word for it. I don't/can't listen during work so all I have to go on is what is shown here.

VIDEO: #Huskers fans, get Dave, Gerry & Howard's impressions from Nebraska camp - http://wp.me/p1MmDU-12Fa .

Just watched the Ameer interview. Am I the only one that thinks he is getting tired of answering questions about the freshman backs? I think that Ameer may come out and have a bigger year than we think just to prove that he is the best back we have.

Yeah he seemed a little put off by that being the first question. Or maybe he's just tired from practice and it's nap time.

Obviously I hope the freshman backs are good but it seems like people in the media care more about them than they do the fact that we return the back that ran for 1,000 yds last year. That would get annoying real quick answering those questions if I was in Ameers shoes

VIDEO: #Huskers fans, get Dave, Gerry & Howard's impressions from Nebraska camp - http://wp.me/p1MmDU-12Fa .

Just watched the Ameer interview. Am I the only one that thinks he is getting tired of answering questions about the freshman backs? I think that Ameer may come out and have a bigger year than we think just to prove that he is the best back we have.

Yeah he seemed a little put off by that being the first question. Or maybe he's just tired from practice and it's nap time.

Obviously I hope the freshman backs are good but it seems like people in the media care more about them than they do the fact that we return the back that ran for 1,000 yds last year. That would get annoying real quick answering those questions if I was in Ameers shoes

I think Ameer is sick of all the questions he has had during his career, and he this is only the 3rd year in the program.

First, would he be able to contribute to the team as a freshman?

Second, was he big enough to be an inside runner?

Third, would he be able to fill Rex's shoes when he got hurt last year?

Fourth, how would he respond after Rex has graduated and being the clear #1 I-back?

Fifth, what do you think of the freshmen RB's coming into take away carries from him?

Honestly, other than untimely fumbles, I have been thrilled with Ameer's career so far. His running style is so fun to watch, and he reminds me so much of Doug Dubose and Keith Jones. I think he will have a great year this year, and could possibly turn pro.