Kirt Herbstreit= Douche

I was always under the assumption that Musberger was the one that riled us all up.

And again in defense of Herby on this one (cringes) in regards to the OP. What had Nebraska done to deserve to be mentioned in what he was talking about to begin with?

Musberger is just a horny drunk old codger.

I was always under the assumption that Musberger was the one that riled us all up.

And again in defense of Herby on this one (cringes) in regards to the OP. What had Nebraska done to deserve to be mentioned in what he was talking about to begin with?

Musberger is just a horny drunk old codger.

You just described half of huskerboard

• Fire 1

What the heck, I kinda like Herbie :dunno . There are many in his profession that I prefer him to. He seems to have taken a slightly negative turn towards us recently but we haven't done much to dispel his criticisms. I like the fact that virtually nobody is giving us any respect going into this season. I think that will do this team some good and will make it all the sweeter when the naysayers are proven wrong about us.

Edit- After deeper introspection, it may just be that Herbstreit benefits greatly by comparison to Musberger. I mean any time somebody other than Brent is talking has to be a good time, right?

While I am not a huge Herbstreit fan...lets keep out eyes on the ball people. I'd take Herbie and Fowler over Mark May and Lou Holt-thchz any day!

So would Mark may and Lou Holtz.

Am I the only one that doesn't mind Holtz. Yes, he talks like Sylvester the Cat and is a ND homer, but I think he is a pretty good analyst otherwise. May, I can take or leave. I really don't care for fowler or Desmond Howard. Herbstreit is ok, but he is nothing great.

First two sentences = GTFO

Lou and May enjoy basking at the bottom of football analyst porta shitter with Burnt Cheeseburger

Nick, given how you seem to have some strange obsession with Herbstreit, is it safe to assume you exaggerated or took some of his comments out of context?

Obsession? I mentioned him one time ever on this board and its an obsession? Out of context? IDK go watch the show for yourself. I basically quoted what he said, take it for what it is. I just think he is anti Nebraska. There isn't one thing to prove that he isn't.

But more importantly, who cares?

Again, I am laughing at what he is saying. I give two sh#ts less if he picks us, but I think its FUNNY how he goes around us when talking about the B1G.

I understand we blew our big games, but to say Wisconsin is the sleeper of the B1G who could put the brakes on the SEC... really? We almost beat (IMO) the best team in the SEC. WE were our worst enemy in that game, while having one of the worst defenses in the B1G.

Yep........and 70-31 also happened not one month earlier....

I just watched that game again this evening. For all that have said we were in position to stop every play, there must be a different version. That was the worst Nebraska team I have ever seen play, on TV or in person, and I was at the TTech game. Slow defense, gaping holes in the oline, no fire to protect their QB or running backs for that matter. I was really swallowing the kook aid, but after watching that again, I am going to tone it down some. I don't drink and I could have tonight.

But if Herbie is so bad, who do you feel is the best?

I just watched that game again this evening. For all that have said we were in position to stop every play, there must be a different version. That was the worst Nebraska team I have ever seen play, on TV or in person, and I was at the TTech game. Slow defense, gaping holes in the oline, no fire to protect their QB or running backs for that matter. I was really swallowing the kook aid, but after watching that again, I am going to tone it down some. I don't drink and I could have tonight.

If you're talking about the CCG maybe try watching it again. With the exception of short yardage scores and HB passes there is somebody who is fundamentally where they are supposed to be to stop the play for a minimal gain almost every time, but because of either poor angles, lack of speed, or just plain bad tackling they turn into huge gains or scores.

Since they beat 1 decent team in the SEC it does seem strange you would consider them the best team in the SEC, yes.

He's a douche because he think MSU will make it to Indy, and Wisconsin is a sleeper? K.

I also think he is a douche because of his lame articles, and his whine baby video about us winning the polls. I think he is one of the WORST sports analyst out there. He can never come up with his own material and he rides the wagon that most of the nation does. Everyone thinks tOSU and Alabama will make it to the MNC, who does he think? He has no original material.

I think he's a douche because he's a douche.

+1

Couple years ago Herbstreit had Nebraska as one of his sleeper picks for the National Championship.

And we let him down.

ESPN has generally given Nebraksa more props than the BTN crew.

There is no more pathetic whine than Husker fans who think a national broadcaster hates us because he predicts another team will beat us (which they sometimes do).