SIGNED QB Zack Darlington

knapplc

I brought this up earlier in the year and got laughed at. There was an article about Rick Darlington and how he totally scrapped his offense because of injuries and installed the single wing T and proceeded to mudhole everyone with it. The paper went on to say that if Florida was smart, they would really look into him as a coordinator. They interviewed opposing coaches and all of them said he is a VERY good offensive minded coach and an innovator.

So what are the odds that we have a decent year in 2014 and Timmy Becks gets himself a HC position somewhere and we bring Zacks dad on staff as OC or in some capacity. Blazing a recruiting trail to Florida and especially at Apopka(Ivey)?

I don't know much about Coach Darlington but if we win games, I am all for it.

I actually don't think that is a far fetched scenario. Coach Darlington is building a name for himself as an innovative Offensive Mind; with guys like Gus Malzahn and Pruitt paving the way for HS coaches making the leap to college, guys like Coach Darlington will get those opportunities. Timing would make sense at NU IMO, if the team has a good run over the next year or 2 giving Bo stability and Beck job opportunities.

Darlington got his offense from Nebraska, he came to a few bowl practices and watched how Beck ran it. I believe he was there in 2011, 2012, and this year with Zack. I may be wrong on the years though.

If he got it from us then we should hire him b/c right now we suck at running it compared to his HS team.

So what are the odds that we have a decent year in 2014 and Timmy Becks gets himself a HC position somewhere and we bring Zacks dad on staff as OC or in some capacity. Blazing a recruiting trail to Florida and especially at Apopka(Ivey)?

I don't know much about Coach Darlington but if we win games, I am all for it.

I actually don't think that is a far fetched scenario. Coach Darlington is building a name for himself as an innovative Offensive Mind; with guys like Gus Malzahn and Pruitt paving the way for HS coaches making the leap to college, guys like Coach Darlington will get those opportunities. Timing would make sense at NU IMO, if the team has a good run over the next year or 2 giving Bo stability and Beck job opportunities.

Darlington got his offense from Nebraska, he came to a few bowl practices and watched how Beck ran it. I believe he was there in 2011, 2012, and this year with Zack. I may be wrong on the years though.

He admires our O and runs similar elements and probably took bits to incorporate into his own, but he doesn't run Becks O wholesale. As pointed out above, he isn't afraid to change and has even run Wing T after his son got hurt. He is always looking for new elements.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, all I was saying was that he got some of his ideas from Beck. The last time we hired a HS coach with worked out well for us.

Ok, got you. I took it to mean that you were saying Darlington took his entire O from Beck. I agree it could be a great hire if the circumstances line up for it.

First order of business is to buy a winter coat, gloves and a stocking hat or whatever kids keep their ears warm with nowadays. Secondly wait for the first snow and build a snowman since you may have never made one. Thirdly....enjoy your new home and have the best time of your life.

Pretty sure the athletic department gives the kids this stuff so that shouldn't be a problem.

• 4 weeks later...