** What did we learn **

Gregory was phenomenal, I hope he doesn't go the Cam Meredith route and pack on a bunch of extra weight like suggested. He's effective enough as is. The idea of putting on 30 pounds of muscle in a couple months without steroids is, just, no.

And how about Ciante shutting down Gallon? Gonna miss that guy.

But most of Husker nation sees the 1 or 2 plays every couple games he gets "beat". Not to mention when he comes on that edge blitz....he NEVER misses a tackle whether its the RB or QB. Really enjoy watching the little things he does.

I'd be mentioning Josh Mitchel in this discussion about Gallon more

It was a good team effort as Josh did matchup with him quite a bit too. Mitchel has played pretty good in pass D the last few weeks.

If our defense plays with speed they are a different kind of monster. Honestly watch the Minny game and this game, speed is our strength not power. We have the speed off the edges and at linebacker to completely change opposing offenses play calls. I am all for the fast pace blitz method we have been seeing.

Ameer just being Ameer, honestly this guy is a workhorse.

1. TA and Alex Henery must be related; both have ice running through their veins. Completely unfazed by the Big House.

2. The D. Just outstanding for 4 quarters. Bo always said execute and read your keys; here are the results when they do that.

3. Special teams need to improve.

4. Offense needs to get healthy. They played great all things considered but we can't afford much more.

5. Who said we didn't know how to make adjustments?

Off topic- Anybody know how many close games/comebacks Bo has had at Nebraska?

1) Great win...the best this season for me as it was totally unexpected. I gladly eat crow as I thought we had no shot at Michigan.

2) When Bo Pelini is fighting for his job, we can play aggressive defense. I am not happy it took this long, but that is how Nebraska defense is played and how we should scheme. Hats off to the defense...they won this game.

3) Randy Gregory continues to wreak havoc. I don't think there is another defensive player in conference I would trade him for...he has been playing that good.

4) Even before the muffed punt, in several games Westy has looked tentative in the punt return game...some punts he should have fielded but he has let go. This one today, there was no avoiding it and it got him. I know he has great hands but not sure he is the right guy back there.

5) Great job by the patch-work O-Line. They made the best of a tough situation.

6) When opposing teams hit us helmet to helmet it is great football play. When we do it to other teams, we are penalized and and/or ejected. This rule continues to be a complete joke.

I believe Westerkamp was injured. The fact that he didn't even get his arms extended when the punt was coming down (and that he looked like he was favoring one side), is on the coaches. Even if he has the best hands on the team, if he's not healthy, it's not worth it. Reminds me of a 50% TMart vs Minny. That didn't work so well either.

1) Great win...the best this season for me as it was totally unexpected. I gladly eat crow as I thought we had no shot at Michigan.

2) When Bo Pelini is fighting for his job, we can play aggressive defense. I am not happy it took this long, but that is how Nebraska defense is played and how we should scheme. Hats off to the defense...they won this game.

3) Randy Gregory continues to wreak havoc. I don't think there is another defensive player in conference I would trade him for...he has been playing that good.

4) Even before the muffed punt, in several games Westy has looked tentative in the punt return game...some punts he should have fielded but he has let go. This one today, there was no avoiding it and it got him. I know he has great hands but not sure he is the right guy back there.

5) Great job by the patch-work O-Line. They made the best of a tough situation.

6) When opposing teams hit us helmet to helmet it is great football play. When we do it to other teams, we are penalized and and/or ejected. This rule continues to be a complete joke.

I believe Westerkamp was injured. The fact that he didn't even get his arms extended when the punt was coming down (and that he looked like he was favoring one side), is on the coaches. Even if he has the best hands on the team, if he's not healthy, it's not worth it. Reminds me of a 50% TMart vs Minny. That didn't work so well either.

Yeah, I felt sorry for the kid. One week you're the hero and the next you're the goat. Hang in there Westerstache! We love ya!!

With any creativity/coherency on offense we win this game 27-10 going away. You can't blame it on the offensive line injuries because they actually played pretty well. Playcalling was straight Ask Corso/Madden. Atrocious. Hey, 3rd and 4 potentially in four down territory, let's throw the streak route to the seventh string WR. I like it. Running game is our strength but let's throw out that half of the playbook on 2nd and 10. Frighteningly predictable. And yes, I'm making the radical assertion that I'm able to somewhat accurately judge these problems despite not having had a career as an FBS offensive coordinator.

Our second half "possessions" were halted by a dropped pass, the three straight running plays everyone was begging for, a fumble, a muffed punt, a punt, a TD and the end of the game. The main one that was the "fault" of the playcalling was what everyone wants Beck to do more of - including yourself.

And you're sure that the play that was called was supposed to be the fade to Reilly (sp?) despite Bell and Enunwa being on the other side, right? Couldn't have been supposed to go the other way and Armstrong made a bad decision because that wouldn't fit the narrative.

• Fire 2

I think we learned that these kids want to win and pay hard.

If put in the right position, that CAN make plays. It's hell and frustrating when they don't make tackles and miss assignments but, when they "execute" we are really good.

They have to feel good about practice and lining up to control their destiny at home next week.

We learned that w a swarming attacking D and a willingness to run the ball, we can be pretty good.

Blackshirts!!

I learned we can tackle!!! Hurray! Great, great job by the Blackshirts. Even Thad Randle made a big play.

Not sure what to make of the offense. OL gets the award this week for stepping up and playing with heart for 4 full quarters.

Beck's play-calling drives me crazy at times, but he has a knack for the 4th quarter.

And say whatever you want about Pelini, but he's got this team playing to the final whistle and coming up big in close games. It's been great fun to watch the last few years, even if it's taking years off my life.