If you could surgically remove one thing from Nebraska history, what would it be?

knapplc

You get to remove one thing from the history of this program. You could remove Doug DuBose from our history, and he would never have played here, nobody would know about him, and someone else would have taken his place.

You could remove the Callahan Era. Or Steve Pederson. Or Lil Red. You could remove the "Husker / Power" chant. You could remove Runzas.

What would you remove, why, and how would it affect the program as we know it today?

Loss to ASU in (95 or 96 not sure of the year) ... LP ... BC... SP... Just a few things I can think of... I think most of all stop Brook from getting into the plane that fateful day.. His legacy looms large as a result though.. I still have nothing but the utmost respect for what a selfless person he was... In the NCAA today those guys transfer... I know RKIII didn't either and I love it when young men show there is still a thing called loyalty..

• Fire 5

I think most of all stop Brook from getting into the plane that fateful day..

i was thinking of many things.....until i read that. this is the only correct answer IMO.

Agreed. That's an eye opener. I think most, nearly all, probably had wins/losses in mind for this discussion. Why i didnt think of that I'll never know. Kudos to you Warrior. I believe we can lock it up now.

There are so many things that would have made the past more enjoyable:

Beating Oklahoma a couple times in the late 70's and early 80's might have kick started TO's program a little quicker.

A win vs Tx in the 96 season would have put Nebr in a class by itself, probably never to be eclipsed.

The choice of Pedey to run the program compares to the "Skipper" putting Gilligan in charge.

Of all the things that affected me I think the hardest one to accept was Brook B dying in the plane crash. It seemed like that was the day the music died and Camelot fell and I realized Husker football wasn't the end all be all I thought it was.