***2016 Recruiting***

Also were there to check out Austin Allen from Aurora. 6'8 250lb TE.

215lbs not 250lbs. However he has the frame to put on 20-30 lbs.

He wouldn't stay at TE then, would he?
6'8 235 TE with his hands and ability to move sounds great to me.
I like the idea of converting him to an OT, with him playing tight end his feet are probably pretty good, which is essential at tackle
What weight do you think we'd have to get him to for OT? 280?
Yeah that'd be a good start. Redshirt him and build healthy weight, could work.
My amateur opinion doesn't think he has an OT body. But some people know better then I. Just really think he could be a weapon at TE.
Taking an athletic 6'8 kid with hands and converting him to OL just sounds like a waste of potential, IMO. He puts on 20-30lbs, he'd be nearly impossible for any college LB to defend. (Jimmy Graham is 6'7 265)
  • Fire 1

I like the idea of converting him to an OT, with him playing tight end his feet are probably pretty good, which is essential at tackle
My amateur opinion doesn't think he has an OT body. But some people know better then I. Just really think he could be a weapon at TE.
Taking an athletic 6'8 kid with hands and converting him to OL just sounds like a waste of potential, IMO. He puts on 20-30lbs, he'd be nearly impossible for any college LB to defend. (Jimmy Graham is 6'7 265)

Anyone know if we have offered him a walk on? I think he passes the eyeball test as a TE and 6'8 size with those hands doesn't happen every year.

Anyone know if we have offered him a walk on? I think he passes the eyeball test as a TE and 6'8 size with those hands doesn't happen every year.
He's only a junior

He's only a junior

He's also a basketball player with looks from some schools. No way he bulks up for football before college. It would be a waste to put him on the line, he has pretty good hands.

Really liking the way the class is filling out.

Fitzpatrick

Reese

A. Jackson

Farniok

Simmons

As well as a few jucos to finish it out would be damn solid IMO.

Man, you are optimistic

He really isn't. We are leading or in the top 2 for all those guys. The only one that might be different is Reese but we have a really good chance of getting him also.