Josh Banderas Arrested

The turtles I expected to peek out of their shells...........they peeked.

So you just admitted to writing a troll post, getting a rise out of the "Bo-lievers".

Sure. If you say so bud. Or how about I wrote it not with the intention, but with the full knowledge that a couple specific dudes would find it offensive. Does your opinion on a matter change simply because you feel you may offend someone? Mine doesn't.

The turtles I expected to peek out of their shells...........they peeked.

So you just admitted to writing a troll post, getting a rise out of the "Bo-lievers".

Sure. If you say so bud. Or how about I wrote it not with the intention, but with the full knowledge that a couple specific dudes would find it offensive. Does your opinion on a matter change simply because you feel you may offend someone? Mine doesn't.

Was it a mistake though?

• Fire 3

Not thinking he should lose everything he's worked his whole life for isn't the same thing as minimizing the crime.

If it was something that he's worked for his entire life, why did he put it in jeopardy quite nonchalantly? I agree we don't need a $1000 punishment for $5 crime but if his hard work has any value to him whatsoever, he sure didn't treat it with that kinda respect.

He made a mistake.

And those usually come with a price. He'll pay his dues to society and on the football team. I don't think he deserves to get kicked off the team, but a game or two suspension and a heavy dose of stadium steps are in order. It's a good thing he didn't steal from anyone on the team because if it did his butt would be gone before he walked out of the jailhouse. We had a kid steal from our team in high school and nobody would talk to him afterwards. He was a pretty talkative and fun guy but it was a totally different dynamic afterwards, almost toxic.

Being a thief is a pretty low thing in society, especially when it's someone's personal property. I can cut him a little slack since he probably assumed they were UNL's bikes at that point, but people have a hard time trusting you once you've been caught stealing from others.

Too lazy to go back through the thread, but....

If I was Reilly, who had money taken out of his locker a few weeks ago, I'd have a real hard time looking at Banderas the same if he is left on the team.

A known thief is slapped on the wrist. You've had money stolen by one of your teammates. You do the math.

Not saying Bando took that money, but it's awful hard to rule him out at this point.

I think some of you are getting a little jaded in here. Having a busted thief who made national news and having that verified as fact by a poster on here who went to high school with him is not a good look for the team, IMO. Regardless of their promise as a player.

But I guess we've had our shares of LTs, Andy Christensens, and Alex Lewises on the team too. You do the crime, you pay the time. I'd just as soon those players kiss bricks and were not a part of our program, personally. TO has more patience than I ever will.

What the hell kind of hypocrites are you "Bo-lievers" here on this site? I've seen some of the same people who defend Bo to no end, now call Banderas every name in the book. That, or they've called for him to be released from this team. Hmm.....

So a college kid makes a mistake, broke the law yes, but bike theft? Come on.... How about that 46 year old man that has made multiple mistakes, many of them repeated mistakes. Mistakes where much like a Banderas, better judgment should have prevailed. Difference is, one is 46 years old, the other 19 years old. Yet if I was like LOMS, I could go back in time in every thread here and many of you Bo supporters have never used the words against Bo that you've said against Banderas. And you sure as hell have never asked for Bo to be removed from the team. Many of you here just seem to really jump on these kids cases.

Tyler Moore. I remember the thread where he announced he was leaving, that he didn't want to be here. Boy oh boy, Huskerboard lost their sh#t. Good riddance! If he doesn't want to be here then eff him. Comments like, if he's not all "N" then we don't want him. Well I heard an audio tape from a guy who told the fans to f#*k themselves. This guy was telling whomever that these fans can kiss his ass on the way out the door because the times a comin'! Sounds like the words of a guy that is on his way out the door. Doesn't want to be here huh. Not all the way "N" so to speak. That was Bo. Where were these words you have for Tyler and Josh? Why aren't the same people who defend Bo and repeatedly give Bo a pass saying the same kinds of things they said in these threads? why do the players deserve less?

Lastly, I love your comment about being held to a higher standard. How their actions represent a whole lot more than just themselves. Once they signed on the dotted line right? Hmmm.....sounds like if anything, those rules should apply to a 46 year old man who is the face of this program. Not a 19 year old linebacker who played sparingly in one season of Nebraska football.

This isn't a fire Bo comment either. This is more about if you want to continually blame these kids for the teams struggles, if you want to jump on a kid for wanting to transfer somewhere he feels he has a better opportunity, and if you want to kick a kid off the team immediately because he stole some bikes? Then your hypocritical ass should apply all rules to your boy Bo as well.

rogers.jpg

• Fire 1

First off this is not a mistake, a mistake is sticking your finger in wet paint, turning in front of traffic. This was a planned, decided upon crime/theft. He is a thief, nothing more nothing less. My question, would the 19 year old black kid in Omaha be called less.

Frontal lobe bull$hit. 16 years old you can drive, 18 you can go to war and fire weapons. Somewhere someone decided that it was developed well enough to do both of these things.

What ever Bo decides his fate is, is fine with me. I really do not want to think about facing Bo for this. Not much lower than a thief in my mind.

Poor judgment 100%. He knew exactly what he was doing. Not a mistake.

Had he done this in the military, he would treated under the UCMJ. Been demoted, and most likely transferred to a lesser destination. His SRB would be marked, so that every officer, SNCO knew he was a thief, and from that, most in the command would. Takes a lot of attaboys to recover from this crime in the military, if ever.

I had a friend who was in my unit. Before I came to know him he had got in trouble and spent some time in the Camp Pendleton brig for trying to steal a couple pairs of night optics. I watched him get meritoriously promoted. Twice.

First off this is not a mistake, a mistake is sticking your finger in wet paint, turning in front of traffic. This was a planned, decided upon crime/theft. He is a thief, nothing more nothing less. My question, would the 19 year old black kid in Omaha be called less.

Frontal lobe bull$hit. 16 years old you can drive, 18 you can go to war and fire weapons. Somewhere someone decided that it was developed well enough to do both of these things.

What ever Bo decides his fate is, is fine with me. I really do not want to think about facing Bo for this. Not much lower than a thief in my mind.

Poor judgment 100%. He knew exactly what he was doing. Not a mistake.

Had he done this in the military, he would treated under the UCMJ. Been demoted, and most likely transferred to a lesser destination. His SRB would be marked, so that every officer, SNCO knew he was a thief, and from that, most in the command would. Takes a lot of attaboys to recover from this crime in the military, if ever.

Ummm....the frontal lobe comment was a joke.