The Tangent Thread, Dec 2014 Edition

zoogs

Well for starters for everyone saying Nebraska isn't the place to train new coaches....I'll also say it's not the place to be hiring coaches that don't win. Riley doesn't win period. They didn't hire or contact Scott Frost because SE and Pearlman have no Nebraska ties. They could care less about our 1997 QB who has been coached by the top minds in the game. Played in the NFL and is currently blowing out Arizona in this title game. Scott Frost is the wow factor. He's a leader, champion and proven winner. Oregon's top recruiter. He'll out coach and beat Riley anyday and just did last weekend. How else to you bring back this program. You bring back one of its leaders who won a national title. So Nebraska if you want to get on the wow and it factor in FB it's in your best interest to bring Frost home. According to an Oregon newspaper Scott was shocked Mike left OSU and was hired by Nebraska. I hear you Scott so was the majority of us that have followed college football.

Think critically and separate emotion from thought. Opinion isn't fact. OSU is not Oregon so don't compare as if both Frost and Riley are on equal grounds. Frost, as of this moment, is a huge risk.

Frost is associated with Marriota and Scott's worth will present itself once he has to develop another QB. I would love to bring him here as an OC but nothing more.

I'm confident that one day he will be that guy but the time is not right.

• Fire 1

Boyd coming back would make a huge impact. I truly believe it's a major factor

in our play the last ten to twelve years. If you think Riley has any type of weight training guru

At Oregon St you're very off base. Oregon State has never out muscled much of anyone.

In fact a few schools like Eastern Washington and Sacremento St put the beat down on the Beavers. Even

Portland St gave Oregon State all they wanted. The whole Mike Riley story out here in the

NW has been the joke of Portland the last two days. Various remarks like "can you believe who Nebraska hired". They did what? Yeah we want to win Conference titles and championships. Hmmmm......as Scott Frost and his O is currently up 44-7 on Arizona. I think we contacted the wrong Oregon school. Of course Husker faithful will get behind and believe anything the media tells them. Im sure I'll get several responses like I've got today. Some called me pissed. Some called me stupid and grumpy. I say that's the typical response from all of America today. When they hear things they don't agree with or believe they like to name call and then discredit. All I know I've lived close to Oregon State for over 15 years. I've seen the interviews on TV. I've seen the games live and I know ex Oregon State players. Mike Riley is a nice guy and treats people very nice. What I've seen from his teams over the years. West Coast pro style offense. Lots of penalties, and an over all feeling of being soft. They've rose to occasion in several games and beat highly ranked teams. They've also lost to the powerhouse of Sacremento St and Eastern Washington. I know EU won the Div 2 title. Ok folks if you're ok with NU losing to Chadron state then just keep on believing. I hope all of you and coach Mike Riley prove me wrong. I do know he has coached for a long time and he's just above the .500 mark. I do know the Charges gave him a boot very quick. Prove me wrong please. I just know the product I've seen up and close. Not like the majority of you who asked who? Then goggled his name and did some internet research and started listening to all the talking heads. Several people have been bashing Collin Cowherd on this site from ESPN for his remarks. Cowherd knows like I do. He use to be the radio guy in Portland for 1610 The fan. He's seen it up in close. Don't believe the hype. It's going to be Callahan Part 2, but worse.

How long will you beat this drum? Plenty of teams out there that won't have him as a Coach next year! For God's sake give the guy a chance with an opportunity like he has never had in his life. What do you do for a living that qualifies you to predict Callahan like performance from this team? That it's flat out just being negative. You don't have to be happy with it but stop beating the same drum in every damn thread. Get behind your team and hope for the best! We are all powerless whatever will be will be! Ofc you're right I'm sure folks will remember you and give credit where it's due. Until then please just STFU

• Fire 1

in our play the last ten to twelve years. If you think Riley has any type of weight training guru

At Oregon St you're very off base. Oregon State has never out muscled much of anyone.

In fact a few schools like Eastern Washington and Sacremento St put the beat down on the Beavers. Even

Portland St gave Oregon State all they wanted. The whole Mike Riley story out here in the

NW has been the joke of Portland the last two days. Various remarks like "can you believe who Nebraska hired". They did what? Yeah we want to win Conference titles and championships. Hmmmm......as Scott Frost and his O is currently up 44-7 on Arizona. I think we contacted the wrong Oregon school. Of course Husker faithful will get behind and believe anything the media tells them. Im sure I'll get several responses like I've got today. Some called me pissed. Some called me stupid and grumpy. I say that's the typical response from all of America today. When they hear things they don't agree with or believe they like to name call and then discredit. All I know I've lived close to Oregon State for over 15 years. I've seen the interviews on TV. I've seen the games live and I know ex Oregon State players. Mike Riley is a nice guy and treats people very nice. What I've seen from his teams over the years. West Coast pro style offense. Lots of penalties, and an over all feeling of being soft. They've rose to occasion in several games and beat highly ranked teams. They've also lost to the powerhouse of Sacremento St and Eastern Washington. I know EU won the Div 2 title. Ok folks if you're ok with NU losing to Chadron state then just keep on believing. I hope all of you and coach Mike Riley prove me wrong. I do know he has coached for a long time and he's just above the .500 mark. I do know the Charges gave him a boot very quick. Prove me wrong please. I just know the product I've seen up and close. Not like the majority of you who asked who? Then goggled his name and did some internet research and started listening to all the talking heads. Several people have been bashing Collin Cowherd on this site from ESPN for his remarks. Cowherd knows like I do. He use to be the radio guy in Portland for 1610 The fan. He's seen it up in close. Don't believe the hype. It's going to be Callahan Part 2, but worse.

Man, you sound like one miserable f%&k*

• Fire 1

Since you seem to know it all...can you post the next winning lotto numbers for us please? :dumdum

Belichek would have had the same results. Having Ryan Leaf as your QB is a definite job killer. OSU has a distinct disadvantage in Oregon due to the close proximity to the Phil Knight funded Ducks. Oregon's 44-7 whipping of AZ was spurred more by the early season loss to AZ than Frost's play calling and I mean no disrespect to the Snowman. Just take your negative BS and put it in a sock.

T_O_B

That would be a great move. The more top notch staff he can put together the more faith I have in this selection. Until I see it Im very doubtful of the hire. Please don't bring anyone from Oregon State. The whole 5 wins this year!!! Various other years of losing seasons. Also get use to Pro style West Coast ball. The power running game and smash mouth ball isn't come back with this coach.

Ok. We get it. You live in the NW and watched OSU and you hate the hire. Nebraska will be soft and Riley is terrible etc. You have put minor variations of the same post in every Riley thread.

If you are worried that there are still some members of Huskerboard that don't know your opinion, then make a new thread and make your same post for the 1000th time. Then there can be no doubt everyone will have had a chance to read it and you can stop being an annoying broken record

• Fire 3

That would be a great move. The more top notch staff he can put together the more faith I have in this selection. Until I see it Im very doubtful of the hire. Please don't bring anyone from Oregon State. The whole 5 wins this year!!! Various other years of losing seasons. Also get use to Pro style West Coast ball. The power running game and smash mouth ball isn't come back with this coach.

Ok. We get it. You live in the NW and watched OSU and you hate the hire. Nebraska will be soft and Riley is terrible etc. You have put minor variations of the same post in every Riley thread.

If you are worried that there are still some members of Huskerboard that don't know your opinion, then make a new thread and make your same post for the 1000th time. Then there can be no doubt everyone will have had a chance to read it and you can stop being an annoying broken record

A guy who knows the coach well brings you factual information and this is how you respond because he's interrupting your little circle jerk? The admin has a lot to prove with this hire........not everybody is as giddy as you and your pals. Still waiting for the big Frost hire that the board insiders said was a sure thing..... if that happened this hire might make more sense.

A guy who knows the coach well brings you factual information and this is how you respond because he's interrupting your little circle jerk? The admin has a lot to prove with this hire........not everybody is as giddy as you and your pals. Still waiting for the big Frost hire that the board insiders said was a sure thing..... if that happened this hire might make more sense.
What can you prove is factual about what he said?

What can you prove is factual about what he said?

That he lives there and watched him his entire life.......that's more factual than anything I'm gonna get from the 5th grade circle jerk here.

Bo started a RS freshman at QB over a Senior because he felt like he gave him the best chance to win. I fully believe that if Stanton was better than Armstrong this year, he would have started.

lol you clearly still don't know how bo did things while he was here...

If you're going to call him out at least provide some form of proof.

Bo started a RS freshman at QB over a Senior because he felt like he gave him the best chance to win. I fully believe that if Stanton was better than Armstrong this year, he would have started.

lol you clearly still don't know how bo did things while he was here...

If you're going to call him out at least provide some form of proof.

i'm not calling stpaul out. i'm calling bo out. problem is whatever argument i have is going to be subjective at best because i'm not/wasn't a coach on the inside. but some of those examples have been pointed out already. but there are many more examples. any coach that would look at nebraska's players and not have kalu playing almost every snap is doing something wrong.

but thats a decaying horse.