JUCO QB Terry Wilson [Kentucky - Signed LOI]

Mavric

We can beat him twice if he starts as a true Fr. We have a great record against QBs who decommited from us

Probably a silly question but what is our record of getting a QB to recommit after decommitting?

If you count Solich talking Crouch into not quitting, I would say 1 for 1

Uh, I don't have that great of a memory but didn't both Gabberts and Freeman decommit from us? So that would be 1/4 off the top of my head. And I believe Osborne really wanted McNabb but I dunno if he committed.

Anyway, it doesn't matter how often it has happened. The sample size is tiny.

4skers89 asked how many QB's committed to us, de-committed, and then re-committed to us, I believe

Terry may or may not do well at Oregon, but I really think he was fearful of Patrick O'Brien. I recall that POB was getting a lot of attention, and leading up to the weekend that POB was going to visit, Wilson hurried up and committed, I think hoping it might cause POB to think twice about Nebraska.

Since that time, POB was invited to Elite 11 and has gotten a great deal of national attention, as well as by local Nebraska media. While Wilson said early on he was fine with competing with someone in his own class, I think when he saw POB play, he didn't feel he could win the job here.

I doubt POB or Wilson would start right away, but it should add some interesting fuel to the mix if they were both playing in 2016 or 2017 when NU and Oregon play each other.

We can beat him twice if he starts as a true Fr. We have a great record against QBs who decommited from us

Probably a silly question but what is our record of getting a QB to recommit after decommitting?

Uh, I don't have that great of a memory but didn't both Gabberts and Freeman decommit from us? So that would be 1/4 off the top of my head. And I believe Osborne really wanted McNabb but I dunno if he committed.

4skers89 asked how many QB's committed to us, de-committed, and then re-committed to us, I believe

He asked what our "record" is (very vague) and you replied 1 of 1. That's a ratio. If we're gonna deal with ratios we have to deal with people who did and didn't recommit. If we're just gonna say how many times it has happened, then it has happened 1 time. But that's pretty uninformative.

He asked what our "record" is (very vague) and you replied 1 of 1. That's a ratio. If we're gonna deal with ratios we have to deal with people who did and didn't recommit. If we're just gonna say how many times it has happened, then it has happened 1 time. But that's pretty uninformative.

My bad. But I was mostly just trying, and obviously failing, at being funny with the Crouch thing. It's never happened where a QB committed to the Huskers, decommitted to commit elsewhere, then de-committed from there to re-commit to the Huskers

Is there any indication that we still want Wilson or did POB's commitment make other positions higher priority?

No, the staff was definitely interested in retaining both, no question. This is a situation where Wilson commitment to Nebraska was followed by a peak in interest by Oregon. Thus, Wilson did not have the opportunity to make his first decision with all his choices available. If he did, Nebraska probably was not going to get his commitment from the start. Good luck to him.

Wilson made his decision. Its time to move on.

If that was the case he wouldnt be at Oregon. We were his first decision.

I was thinking that if Oregon picked up another good QB or if this Green blows up, maybe Wilson would reconsider. Since recruiting schedules are moving up maybe recruits committing to multiple schools but deciding later between the schools, could become less rare. IDK, just a strange feeling we still have a chance if some other factors play out. I am a casual recruiting observer with no inside info.

Since he rescheduled then cancelled his visit here, I take it he's no longer planning on visiting us?

It'd be nice to get him here for that Wisconsin game, as originally planned. He liked Nebraska enough to commit once, right? Who's to say that atmosphere wouldn't sway him back.

I have moved on..... Interesting to see if we get a second QB this year though.

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO QB Terry Wilson [Kentucky - Signed LOI]