Chances of dropping Adidas after our contract is up?

I'm all for a switch to Nike as I feel the overall product of Nike is better than Adidas. Hell even Under Armour makes better stuff than Adidas does now.

But, I still think Nebraska needs to try to do anything they can to be sponsored by Jordan Brand. Hell half the stuff Jordan makes is already red/black/white and as much as people love they "yeezys" that Adidas makes, if a kid walks into a locker room at Nebraska with the Jordan logo in there somewhere it's going to be a big help to recruiting.

• Fire 1

Not football related, but Adidas has done a great job with the basketball alternates this year.

Although, in my opinion, any use of the script Huskers is a can't miss.

Adidas has done a fine job of re-creating a uniform that was already designed by someone else 30-100 years ago. It's their forward thinking of alternate uniforms that they suck with.

Not football related, but Adidas has done a great job with the basketball alternates this year.

Adidas has done a fine job of re-creating a uniform that was already designed by someone else 30-100 years ago. It's their forward thinking of alternate uniforms that they suck with.

And the sh**ty tire tread marks all over jerseys:

LMHFDVTDJYPJTJJ.20150709064224.jpg

And, yes, in general, they are sh**ty at designing alternate uniforms. As if ours haven't been bad enough (last year's were closer, IMO), take a look at this:

louisvilleuncagedcardinalhelmet320.jpg

There's literally a realistic bird on this helmet. Who the f#*k thought that was a cool idea? I'm sure if you look back through this thread, my thoughts are well documented. I'd much rather have Nike. The fan apparel is much better and the jerseys don't have sh**ty tire tread marks on them, that seem to be growing by the year. Not to mention, the recruit seem to much prefer Nike. Hopefully it doesn't take the university until we're actually wearing tires to switch.

I'm all for a switch to Nike as I feel the overall product of Nike is better than Adidas. Hell even Under Armour makes better stuff than Adidas does now.

But, I still think Nebraska needs to try to do anything they can to be sponsored by Jordan Brand. Hell half the stuff Jordan makes is already red/black/white and as much as people love they "yeezys" that Adidas makes, if a kid walks into a locker room at Nebraska with the Jordan logo in there somewhere it's going to be a big help to recruiting.

I've been saying this for years! Michigan's contract is a big deal.

And the sh**ty tire tread marks all over jerseys:

LMHFDVTDJYPJTJJ.20150709064224.jpg

And, yes, in general, they are sh**ty at designing alternate uniforms. As if ours haven't been bad enough (last year's were closer, IMO), take a look at this:

louisvilleuncagedcardinalhelmet320.jpg

There's literally a realistic bird on this helmet. Who the f#*k thought that was a cool idea? I'm sure if you look back through this thread, my thoughts are well documented. I'd much rather have Nike. The fan apparel is much better and the jerseys don't have sh**ty tire tread marks on them, that seem to be growing by the year. Not to mention, the recruit seem to much prefer Nike. Hopefully it doesn't take the university until we're actually wearing tires to switch.

To be fair, Adidas/Nike/UnderArmour generally don't do the helmet designs. There is a helmet painting company that designs and paints most of the helmets that are used in college football. They are the company that is behind the alternate helmet designs. I am sure they work with the uniform companies, but the uniform/shoe companies aren't the ones who are the main designers.

• 1 month later...

I find something really funny about this picture as it pertains to this thread.

Make no mistake that high school kids of high pedigree/talent/exposure still get access to free gear in non-violation means.

And even if they didn't, anecdotal evidence is cute and all but doesn't combat the numbers found specifically with college football recruits, but also just in the major college/pro sports in the US in general.

2015-01-27-FieldLevelDataFootballApparel

screen%20shot%202014-06-23%20at%205.36.0

screen%20shot%202014-06-23%20at%205.36.1

Running-Shoe-Market-Share.jpgbi_graphics_shoechart-1.png

• Fire 1