SIGNED - RB Jordan Stevenson

The only thing I can think of is that maybe she is doing what I have done with my kids. They might be totally set on a college. But, I make them take at least one or two other visits to have something to compare it to.

The thing is, he has already been through the entire recruiting process before he signed with Wisconsin.

Things change every year. Coaches, assistants, rosters, depth chart.... I am too lazy to see where he took OV's and UOV's last year but maybe these are new schools he is looking at.

Plus it's only 2 schools he is visiting as he plans to enroll by the end of the week.

According to 247, he visited Oklahoma State and Wisconsin.

For the record, I am not complaining about Mom being involved. I think parents should be involved and I wish she could have came to Nebraska. I'm just trying to figure out her draw to Miami as a parent.

Family vacation to South Florida before she sends her son off to college in Nebraska! That's my hope at least....

• Fire 1

No. Kids need to learn to make their own decision and get off the utters.

Parents need to learn how to not control their kids lives.

I said "involved"....not saying "make the decision for them". The kid should go where he wants to go. The parent should be involved to the extent of making sure he is thinking about everything and making a decision based on good reasoning for long term success in life.

Ultimately, it needs to be the kid's decision.

Disagree - depending on the kid. I don't know that I'll trust my 17/18 year old to make the best long-term decision for them, especially without looking at all the options.

This is way to broad of a brush to be painting with. Some would be fine. Others need more guidance.

I said "involved"....not saying "make the decision for them". The kid should go where he wants to go. The parent should be involved to the extent of making sure he is thinking about everything and making a decision based on good reasoning for long term success in life.

Yep. It's great if parents are involved and supportive, it's bad news if they are interfering. We don't know which category mama Stevenson falls into, but I think the "complaining" by Nebraska fans is based off of frustration that she isn't contributing but taking away from him making a good choice for himself, regardless of whether or not it's Nebraska.

It's like the classic football movie trope. "This is your dream, son!" "No this is YOUR dream, dad!"

Hey, no matter what this works out good for us. Stevenson not being at Wisconsin is a WIN for NEBRASKA.

What bothers me is his mom is visiting Miami and didn't visit Nebraska, what gives? From the eye from afar, it couldn't appear any more like she is against him going to Nebraska. I hope that isn't the case, I just don't understand though. I never understand. Where is Monique to help me understand?

No, I agree.

I was referring to the tweet about it working both ways. Sorry. I couldn't get it to quote on mobile, it kept taking me to the twitter page.

One thing I've noticed BRB is that you and I share very similar thoughts on a lot of things.

Disagree - depending on the kid. I don't know that I'll trust my 17/18 year old to make the best long-term decision for them, especially without looking at all the options.

This is way to broad of a brush to be painting with. Some would be fine. Others need more guidance.

I agree that I made to braod of a statement, as I was in a hurry on the phone.

I agree that some kids need guidance, however, if they choose a school, the parent should support it rather than sway them one way or the other. I am a FIRM believer in letting kids make their own choices, rather than be lead by the hand all the time, because that's when true learning comes in.

Kids need to learn how to make decisions at an earlier age, and I completely think that they are too dependent on being told what to do, that our next generations have a hard time taking initiative because it creates hesitation when they have never made decisions before.

Yea sometimes kids make dumb choices, and they learn from those choices....that's really the beauty of life. Especially when we have adults standing by them in support through help and guidance after choices made, rather than chastise a kid for that choice.

It's like telling a kid to not drink and drive, and explaining why...then he has to make a choice...with the knowledge of possible consequences.

Parents want the best for their kids and can usually see things from a different viewpoint. I am all for that and i think parents should have a say in what happens to the point of having a conversation with their child. But at the end of the day, it has to come down to what your child wants.

I hate when i hear "Athlete wants school X but parents want school Y. Athlete is unsure where he will go"

Parents opinions matter but if a kid wants school X, let him go there. Sounds like Jordans mother didnt even visit Nebraska with him. That is a bit concerning. Dont knock Nebraska or try and get him to go to another school and not even give it a try. Come out here with your kid and see what it has to offer.

I wasnt an athlete but i still had to go out of state to attend Nebraska. My parents supported me 100%. I know they wanted me to stay closer to home, but they trusted my judgement and knew i did my homework on Nebraska.

I respect Jordans mom for looking out for her son, but make sure it is his choice and not yours.

Mama Stevenson might have met Golden and liked him and that is why she wants him to check out Miami? I don't think she is being greedy or stubborn about it but is just wanting him to make sure he is making the right decision. We can look at it as a slight toward Nebraska because she didn't come but then again, has she met Riley in person? That could be the difference in this situation. I really, really hope that she lets Jordan do what he wants and if that is coming here, that will be badass.