Gerry hit

Herbie87

Ha ha! That's awesome. +1. What a great tackle! But I guess Gerry will need to figure out some other "safer" way of tackling, since his textbook tackles get him kicked out of games. Maybe he'll just start taking guys out at the knees. :dunno:

Also...what the hell happened to NCAAM basketball? It used to be clear cut, that if the defender was moving it was a blocking foul, now they slam into the person driving to the hoop and its charging. . ? Used to be defender had to have feet set. Thats how it should be!

And travelling was called if you took more than two steps while shooting!!!!!

Can Gerry play next year since he was ejected from his last two games? Anytime you make a stupid rule that allows the zebras to use their own judgement, it's a problem. Hell the NFL can't even define what a catch is anymore. Football overall is in self destruct mode if you ask me.

Any time you open the door to allow the refs to insert themselves into the game nothing good comes from it...at ANY level.

Also...what the hell happened to NCAAM basketball? It used to be clear cut, that if the defender was moving it was a blocking foul, now they slam into the person driving to the hoop and its charging. . ? Used to be defender had to have feet set. Thats how it should be!

And travelling was called if you took more than two steps while shooting!!!!!

Shoot, not even just two steps traveling calls. At the Nebraska vs Indiana game there were a ton of moving pivot feet travels missed. Though, I would never want to be a ref, because it is hard to see everything, and watching pivot feet while trying to watch for everything else must be difficult.

Can Gerry play next year since he was ejected from his last two games? Anytime you make a stupid rule that allows the zebras to use their own judgement, it's a problem. Hell the NFL can't even define what a catch is anymore. Football overall is in self destruct mode if you ask me.

Any time you open the door to allow the refs to insert themselves into the game nothing good comes from it...at ANY level.

Post of the day

If the league is so hell bent on stopping this type of contact then the offense needs to become part of it, for example if they should be expected to always run upright so the defense can always engage in a safe wrap up tackle as long as they have the head up and come in below the head of an upright runner, if the runner drops down then they need to be penalized and ejected for creating a dangerous situation. :sarcasm

If the league is so hell bent on stopping this type of contact then the offense needs to become part of it, for example if they should be expected to always run upright so the defense can always engage in a safe wrap up tackle as long as they have the head up and come in below the head of an upright runner, if the runner drops down then they need to be penalized and ejected for creating a dangerous situation. :sarcasm

You're not totally wrong honestly. It shouldn't always be on the defensive players. Maybe they should call off setting penalties sometimes. Running backs lower their heads a lot.

You're not totally wrong honestly. It shouldn't always be on the defensive players. Maybe they should call off setting penalties sometimes. Running backs lower their heads a lot.

Even though I put in the sarcasm I always hate it when a defender goes in for a solid hit and the runner unexpectedly drops down and his head ends up where his hips or abdomen should have been and the defender gets flagged, (this was what I thought of the his in the Iowa game)

Even though I put in the sarcasm I always hate it when a defender goes in for a solid hit and the runner unexpectedly drops down and his head ends up where his hips or abdomen should have been and the defender gets flagged, (this was what I thought of the his in the Iowa game)
should be a penalty on the qb too for leaving his receiver out to dry. Also on the specific lineman blocking bosa for allowing him the opportunity to hit the qb.

Outlawing the forward pass would take care of most of this.

Anyone watch the Pittsburgh/ cincy game? Was basically decided by a poor targeting call and then the announcers talk like it was the perfect call. The guy led with his shoulder but the way the receiver came down it ended up whacking him in the head. I thought it was bs and it basically decided the game