WR Jamire Calvin [Washington State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jamire really didn't look like he wanted to commit to OSU. Mom looked like she was saying "it'll be okay, it'll be okay". Didn't exactly look like tears of joy while turning away from the camera.

Also our second loss for a big WR target to OSU.

This is my thought, but guess you gotta take people for their word.

Wish him all the best.

I've been nervous about this California pipeline Riley is trying to establish. These kids were in diapers when we last won a conference championship. We need to put more focus into that 500 mile radius imho.

This...Cali guys hold spots until a better offer from a California school
Like Keyshawn and Gebbia, right?

Lmao! Was pretty nervous! I would be too going to that sh#t hole!

classy
Do you think it's nice? That's all I'm saying.
I've never been there, so I can't make a judgment. I just don't get why you'd call the place that he feels is right for him a sh#t hole.

Have you ever been to OSU? OSU is a good school, nice town, cool place to live, crystal clear lakes/rivers, beautiful cascade mountains, ocean not far away, driving distance to Portland, and great weather. If OSU is a sh#t hole, i am not sure what you consider Lincoln.
did you even read my post???

Here's what I don't get about the "staying on the West coast" thing: Is it really that closer from LA to Corvallis vs Lincoln? Couple hour flight to Portland then drive 1+ hours to Corvallis.

And Corvallis is nothing like LA

But it's closer than Nebraska. A two hour flight from LA into Eugene. 35 minute drive to OSU. Plus, his mom can drive to USC, UCLA, Stanford or Cal to watch her son play.
This is pu&&y sh#t. If you want to use this as a scapegoat no one should ever come to Nebraska if they aren't from Omaha, Lincoln, or Des Moines.

But is very truthful and actually a concern/care of some parents.

Absolutely. I had a scholarship offer from Montana. My mom said no way could I go that far away. So I went to Oregon State.

I've been nervous about this California pipeline Riley is trying to establish. These kids were in diapers when we last won a conference championship. We need to put more focus into that 500 mile radius imho.

This...Cali guys hold spots until a better offer from a California school
Like Keyshawn and Gebbia, right?

I knew someone would say that. But of all the offers we put out to California this year they are in the minority.

Chris Jones tweeting right now about how sh**ty our fans are at judging kids for where they go.

Our own players think we have sh**ty attitudes. That bodes well for further recruitment.

He says he specifically went to see how people react to someone's commitment and looked at a potential Husker recruit. Confirmation bias. If he wanted to compare our fans to others he would look at a bunch of recruits and the teams that lost out on them and compare. But he didn't.

I haven't done the research but I find it unlikely that our idiot twitter fans are much different than any other team's idiot twitter fans.

Chris Jones tweeting right now about how sh**ty our fans are at judging kids for where they go.

Our own players think we have sh**ty attitudes. That bodes well for further recruitment.

*deleted*

Seems like it's Chris Jones first time at following recruiting. There are jerks like these all over the country and at every school, the mentally tough get this and don't let it affect them.

Have to agree with Jones. We really do have some of the dumbest and worst fans.

I agree, and I'm not on Twitter or anything, and not trying to defend short sighted individuals on Twitter, but there was a lot of talk this year about kids trying to get Husker (and other schools I'm sure) followers on Twitter. As a little game or for fun or whatever. Anyway, when kids do that it certainly creates an environment where there will be some pull back and strong reactions if they don't pick said school.

Not trying to defend dumb fans, but the recruits and their support group should be keeping a buffer between themselves and the fans, and vice a versa.

Twitter should be an ncaa violation.

*deleted*
Key word: Kids.

Get off his back.

Im not blaming Calvin for anything. I dont use twitter. Im upset with a current player actually caring about recruiting. Jones is old enough to drink now, hes a grown ass man.

Lmao! Was pretty nervous! I would be too going to that sh#t hole!

classy
Do you think it's nice? That's all I'm saying.
I've never been there, so I can't make a judgment. I just don't get why you'd call the place that he feels is right for him a sh#t hole.

Have you ever been to OSU? OSU is a good school, nice town, cool place to live, crystal clear lakes/rivers, beautiful cascade mountains, ocean not far away, driving distance to Portland, and great weather. If OSU is a sh#t hole, i am not sure what you consider Lincoln.
did you even read my post???

lol, did you read mine? Mine was directed at Matty. Sorry for the confusion

He says he specifically went to see how people react to someone's commitment and looked at a potential Husker recruit. Confirmation bias. If he wanted to compare our fans to others he would look at a bunch of recruits and the teams that lost out on them and compare. But he didn't.

I haven't done the research but I find it unlikely that our idiot twitter fans are much different than any other team's idiot twitter fans.

Of course it is biased...why the f#*k would he care about how fans of other schools react to a recruit he has never met?

• Mavric unlocked this topic