WR Jamire Calvin [Washington State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Riley: "His recruitment was a little bit over the top. I mean, I got three commitments from the guy. I better stop right there"

Come on Riley, you're a grown adult. Stop being so butt hurt.

I don't think Coach Riley said anything outrageous. It's not normal for a kid to commit 5 times in one recruiting cycle and have 3 of those being to one school.

Twas sarcasm as i interpret it

Riley: "His recruitment was a little bit over the top. I mean, I got three commitments from the guy. I better stop right there"

Come on Riley, you're a grown adult. Stop being so butt hurt.

At some point it is ok to call someone out. What this kid did says a lot about his character. I get it that it is stressful. Going through the process myself was bad enough. I cannot imagine being a big time type recruit. You have to understand both sides, but flipping back and forth and then not communicating his intentions is shady.

• Fire 1

Riley isn't butt hurt at all. If a kid is farting around and dragging you along you've got every right to be upset. If Calvin was upfront the whole time then it would be a different story.

What I said was sarcasm :P

Sometimes it's hard to tell :)

Riley isn't butt hurt at all. If a kid is farting around and dragging you along you've got every right to be upset. If Calvin was upfront the whole time then it would be a different story.

What I said was sarcasm :P

Sometimes it's hard to tell :)

Should have put in the sarcasm symbol. I forgot message boards are serious business

Thing I don't like the most about these last second changes is that they take a spot that we may have offered another kid...and that sucks because that other kid loses out.

It's a domino effect they don't see and don't have to take responsibility for...and just sucks in the end for whoever else we may have offered his spot to.

We ended up with 2 available schollies, so doubt that's the case here.

I will eat crow as well. I was feeling sorry for this kid because how hard a decision it was and in way just because of his age I still don't blame him but his support staff and himself need a reality check bc the way they handled all this is a fast track to nowhere and total cowardness. This has nothing to do with the fact that he didn't pick Nebraska

It leaves us room to really beef up 2018 class. Sucks to lose talent, especially when we could have filled his spot, but it will pan out.

This. This class is reminiscent of PSUs class three years ago when they started putting things together. Difference is, I personally believe the Huskers to be a more desirable program with better recruiters, facilities, and coaches.

This is the start of something big!

• Fire 1

So much butt hurt. Its a kid making the biggest decision of his life and a bunch of 40 year olds trash him on social media. Get over it.

Not butt hurt at all. I'm happy he chose Pirateville. Coach Leach will have him riding a stationary bike in a dark storage shed in no time. He'll also learn to run routes that no one in the NFL runs. Good luck to him!
you mad bro?
  • Mavric unlocked this topic