Mavric

SIGNED - LB Willie Hampton

HuskerBoard Predictor  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This staff immediately recognized that speed at linebacker was a huge deficiency. They are doing something about that. Great sign

I wouldnt call our LBs speed deficient.

But anyway, nice pickup. Glad any time some commits to attend NU.

He is a bball player or trackster? With those numbers, I'd think he'd be tearing it up. I always liked following Gerry's progress in HS track.

Really? All I can remember is every linebacker getting beat on swing pass after swing pass and always being three steps behind whoever they were chasing before Mike got here
that was mainly due in part to the fact that the defense had a heck of a time trying to figure out the concept of angles.

This staff immediately recognized that speed at linebacker was a huge deficiency. They are doing something about that. Great sign

He is a bball player or trackster? With those numbers, I'd think he'd be tearing it up. I always liked following Gerry's progress in HS track.

Really? All I can remember is every linebacker getting beat on swing pass after swing pass and always being three steps behind whoever they were chasing before Mike got here
that was mainly due in part to the fact that the defense had a heck of a time trying to figure out the concept of angles.

More trigonometry!

Or maybe stealing all those bikes helped Banderas shave a few tenths of a second off his 40 time.

These scouting services ever going to get around to rating this guy?

They are apparently having issues with how they are going to explain giving a recruit 6 stars.

Waiting on his summer football schedule to set up an UV sometime this summer. Said he's 'All N' and doesn't plan to look around. Sounded like from his interview he watched the Neb vs Miami game this past year and was really impressed with our effort and fight to get back into the game.

• Upvote 1

Waiting on his summer football schedule to set up an UV sometime this summer. Said he's 'All N' and doesn't plan to look around. Sounded like from his interview he watched the Neb vs Miami game this past year and was really impressed with our effort and fight to get back into the game.

And the fact that we had more fans there than they did at their home game. 😂

Can someone explain SPARQ scores and how they're calculated?

I'm asking for a "friend" (who's a little slow on the uptake). :blink:

They are a combination of 4 scores: 40 time, Pro-Agility, Medicine Ball Toss, and Vertical. Intended to measure overall athleticism over football skill, for sure. But a good indicator of raw ability.

Played in a 3-4 in high school. He could be a key piece in the future. I think he needs some time to develop and maybe a redshirt but he sure knows how to get into the backfield and disrupt.

With all of that athleticism, do they consider not redshirting to get him on special teams?

• Upvote 1

With the athleticism that Hampton posses, he has the potential to be an absolute nightmare for teams as a 3-4 OLB. Tackles will have trouble with his speed and RB's will struggle to block him with his strength. This kid could end up being an absolute impact player for us in the near future. A Vonn Miller/Justin Houston type guy.

With the athleticism that Hampton posses, he has the potential to be an absolute nightmare for teams as a 3-4 OLB. Tackles will have trouble with his speed and RB's will struggle to block him with his strength. This kid could end up being an absolute impact player for us in the near future. A Vonn Miller/Justin Houston type guy.

I think it's funny how he already has 15 pounds on one of our D ends (Guy Thomas). Both will be battling for the same position and it's nice to see some young athletic faces to add to that competition. He's not very highly rated, but I think he has the tools to be a solid player.

Redshirt or no? I'm thinking yes unless they want him on special teams.

Sounds like he had a great fall camp. We have the benefit of redshirting him thankfully, which sounds likely, but if we weren't solid at ILB then he'd be a contender for early PT.

He didn't get the Florida/FSU/Miami offer so he went unnoticed but this guy is an ideal 3-4 ILB in my opinion and I think we got super lucky to land him (or land him as easily as we did I should say). He also didn't play the recruiting game, which hurt his chances at being a 4th star that I believe he should have been.

Bray and Diaco will turn him into a conference all-American is my bullish take.

• Plus1 2