Gun Control

21 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

This kind of article is what keeps the whackadoo folks enraged about 2A. 

There is no "AR-15 rounds"...

Look up Ruger's Mini14 or American Rancher.

I agree, there is no AR-15 rounds per se but most ARs take 223 and/or 5.56 Nato, although other  calibers are possible.  I’m having trouble understanding your point here….?

• Plus1 2
30 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree, there is no AR-15 rounds per se but most ARs take 223 and/or 5.56 Nato, although other  calibers are possible.  I’m having trouble understanding your point here….?

You are correct. While available in lots of calibers, .223 or 5.56 are most common.

Ruger has 2 other excellent offerings that shoot...the same ammo...and no one is yelling/demanding to ban my Mini or Rancher. 

The call to ban should focus on facts. High capacity mags and the ability to shoot a lot of rounds in a short time.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

You are correct. While available in lots of calibers, .223 or 5.56 are most common.

Ruger has 2 other excellent offerings that shoot...the same ammo...and no one is yelling/demanding to ban my Mini or Rancher. 

The call to ban should focus on facts. High capacity mags and the ability to shoot a lot of rounds in a short time.

Ah, okay. I agree.

But in their defense, most of these tragedies have been committed using AR-15s. But there are other weapons that can do the same things so focusing on capability does make more sense.

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, teachercd said:

Like I said...I don't know one teacher that wants to carry.  

I wonder if they would do some sort of extra stipend for teachers that did carry.  It seems like a huge responsiblity.  

Our board already said a big no for our schools.  I haven't heard anyone say they would want to carry.

15 hours ago, teachercd said:

Like I said...I don't know one teacher that wants to carry.  

I wonder if they would do some sort of extra stipend for teachers that did carry.  It seems like a huge responsiblity.  

Our board already said a big no for our schools.  I haven't heard anyone say they would want to carry.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I get the idea and why some people think it would help.  I don't think it is the way to go though.

If they offered it up with a stipend, I might consider it   Like if they offered 15,000 dollars to carry, I would think about it.

This happened not far from where I live and within a block of the cafe my wife and I were at the other day.   

The guy is an idiot and I understand the panic at the courthouse and at the AT&T store. 

They need to send this guy directly to the psych ward.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/broken-arrow-police-arrest-man-wearing-tactical-vest-carrying-rifle-in-retail-store/ar-AAYpPTg?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=4c3f41a0832b491584662331c0f37ef5

Broken Arrow police officers arrested a man wearing a tactical vest and carrying a rifle through a Broken Arrow strip mall before entering an AT&T store, according to the Broken Arrow Police Department. 

Police responded near 177th East Avenue and Kenosha Street after receiving calls that a man wearing a tactical vest and carrying a rifle was seen walking through a parking lot and entering an AT&T store. 

BAPD says prior to this incident, the man tried entering the Broken Arrow Courthouse carrying a rifle, but employees locked the doors. The man said he was trying to recover property he had left behind after getting out of jail over the weekend. 

Officers responded and released the man, who got a ride from a family member to the AT&T store.

The employees ran out the back door of the store, and no one was hurt. 

The man was identified as 26-year-old Zachary Morrissey and he was arrested by BAPD officers for a previous warrant and carrying a concealed weapon.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

This happened not far from where I live and within a block of the cafe my wife and I were at the other day.   

The guy is an idiot and I understand the panic at the courthouse and at the AT&T store. 

They need to send this guy directly to the psych ward.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/broken-arrow-police-arrest-man-wearing-tactical-vest-carrying-rifle-in-retail-store/ar-AAYpPTg?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=4c3f41a0832b491584662331c0f37ef5

So, let me get this straight.  The guy was in jail over the weekend, got out and went and got a gun and went back to the court house.  The cops came and let him go WITH THE GUN!!!!

Nope....don't need red flag laws.

Do I have that right?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, let me get this straight.  The guy was in jail over the weekend, got out and went and got a gun and went back to the court house.  The cops came and let him go WITH THE GUN!!!!

Nope....don't need red flag laws.

Do I have that right?

I'm trying to figure that out too.  How in the world did he go from the courthouse to the retail store wtout the cops in hot pursuit - the court house and the retail store are about 3/4 mile away from each other.   BA (Broken Arrow) is a city of 110k approx - the largest suburb in the Tulsa metro. 

• Fire 1