Gun Control

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Again Republicans: You can't call yourself 'pro-life' if stand firmly against common sense gun control.   

I think we should re-categorize Republicans from being "pro-life" to simply being "anti-abortion."

In the literal sense, they often contradict the term pro-life. Republicans have regularly fought against policies aimed at protecting and promoting life and well-being, all under of the guise of 'wanting to limit government over-reach' and protect freedoms... when it's convenient to them. Gun control is perhaps the most prominent example but there are a number of others, particularly in the social program realm.

Too many Republicans want to force you to have a baby and then provide relatively unfettered access to the gun that may one day kill them. If they were truly "pro-life," they'd acquiesce to the truth that wrangling in our gun violence problem involves not only mental health resource improvements but also serious and aggressive changes to our gun culture and policies; which, yes, could make it way more difficult to own a gun.

And the best (or worst) part is this - this is what most Americans want. Most Americans want stronger gun control. It's the bureaucrats and special interest groups who are preventing this.

• Plus1 2

6 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

No, we need tanks, missiles, and fighter jets to protect ourselves from the government... 

And you realize America has lost multiple wars now in Vietnam and the Middle East to people who didn't have any of the sophisticated weapons that our military has right?...

What citizen has tanks, missiles and fighter jets?

Which war did we lose in the Middle East?

Serious questions.

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Anyone voting against this should have to look at every single one of the coroner's pictures from the last few school shootings.

This.  Similarly, I've always thought state senators and/or governors who vote for the death penalty should be required to witness one being carried out.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

This.  Similarly, I've always thought state senators and/or governors who vote for the death penalty should be required to witness one being carried out.

States that have the death penalty should also have it be in the 'town square', so to speak, imo.

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

I think we should re-categorize Republicans from being "pro-life" to simply being "anti-abortion."

In the literal sense, they often contradict the term pro-life. Republicans have regularly fought against policies aimed at protecting and promoting life and well-being, all under of the guise of 'wanting to limit government over-reach' and protect freedoms... when it's convenient to them. Gun control is perhaps the most prominent example but there are a number of others, particularly in the social program realm.

Too many Republicans want to force you to have a baby and then provide relatively unfettered access to the gun that may one day kill them. If they were truly "pro-life," they'd acquiesce to the truth that wrangling in our gun violence problem involves not only mental health resource improvements but also serious and aggressive changes to our gun culture and policies; which, yes, could make it way more difficult to own a gun.

And the best (or worst) part is this - this is what most Americans want. Most Americans want stronger gun control. It's the bureaucrats and special interest groups who are preventing this.

I agree 100%