WR Coach Keith Williams Arrested on Suspicion of DUI

ADS

And I do not respect any decision TO made regarding LP that year. Not one.

Not to derail the thread....but this caught my eye.

You don't agree with ANY decisions he made with LP? So, you don't agree with him instantly dismissing him from the team??

He didn't dismiss him from the team. He suspended him. There is a bit of difference there.

You don't agree with ANY decisions he made with LP? So, you don't agree with him instantly dismissing him from the team??

He didn't dismiss him from the team. He suspended him. There is a bit of difference there.

What ever....

So...the next morning when the facts are still fuzzy and everyone is emotional...you would have just dismissed him without possibly having all the facts? No questions asked?

What ever....

So...the next morning when the facts are still fuzzy and everyone is emotional...you would have just dismissed him without possibly having all the facts? No questions asked?

Oh. Okay. You got me. I give TO credit for waiting until he had all of the facts so as not to jump into a hasty decision regarding domestic violence.

Us fans dont have a say in whether he gets canned or not. If he gets fired, so be it. If the university decides to keep him and punish him in a different way, so be it. Either way I will continue to cheer for this football team and the players that play the game. If you choose otherwise, dont let to door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

• Fire 3

Us fans dont have a say in whether he gets canned or not. If he gets fired, so be it. If the university decides to keep him and punish him in a different way, so be it. Either way I will continue to cheer for this football team and the players that play the game. If you choose otherwise, dont let to door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Because this is about supporting the football team or not....

david1.jpg

Because this is about supporting the football team or not....

david1.jpg

Well actually there have been multiple people in this thread say this is not the Nebraska way if we keep him and they would lose respect for the universityand football program. You yourself said its good to know that it takes 4 DUIs for fans to think a coach should get canned, like our opinions mean something and we have any say about the punishment. Whatever they do with him will not affect my fandom, so whatever punishment they see fit does not affect me one bit.

At least we know now that to some fans it only takes 4 DUI's or higher for them to think you should then get canned as a Nebraska football coach. Good to know.

200_s.gif

You should stop supporting Nebraska Athletics if they do not fire him. Clearly your only option at this point.

Reading all of these responses, with so many defending the man and creating excuses for his behavior and utter recklessness, it makes me wonder if being a Nebraska fan is all that different from being a fan in the SEC. I'm seeing a lot of strange rationing and excuse-making that isn't normally associated with Nebraska. If this is the so-called "Nebraska way," I think everyone needs to re-examine what exactly the "Nebraska way" is.

No one is defending Williams. There hasn't been one post that i have read that says this was no big deal, or that it should be business as usual.

I haven't read a single post condoning his behavior either. Instead, people are discussing their thoughts on the definition of alcoholic and whether Williams is an alcoholic or if has made poor life choices which have led to multiple duis. Nothing in that discussion is condoning or making excuses for Williams.

I agree that no one is condoning it.

But a lot of people are trying to mitigate it.

I wonder whether if Hank Hughes had been caught with a third DUI in November of last year he would have received the same defense from the same people.

To me, that's the question of "are we becoming (or already are) an SECesque fanbase."

I don't think anyone seriously questions whether TO would have handled a fourth string RB the same way he handled Phillips, which is why even if you don't agree with the decision, you could respect his approach.

I do wonder whether this administration would handle each situation the same. I say administration because I don't think Riley has (or maybe even should have) the final day in whether this is a firable offense.

For me, this has nothing to do with football.

I personally don't believe a person's life and livelihood should be ruined because they made a mistake. Punished by the law? yes. Reprimanded at work? Yes, if they are in a position that it somehow affects the employer.

Now, if the the legal punishment makes it impossible or highly unlikely to be effective at work, or if they realize the drinking is affecting his ability to do his job...then...fine.....fire his ass.

But, I am not for just flat out firing someone because they have a DUI. All that does is spiral that person into a deeper hole.

Reading all of these responses, with so many defending the man and creating excuses for his behavior and utter recklessness, it makes me wonder if being a Nebraska fan is all that different from being a fan in the SEC. I'm seeing a lot of strange rationing and excuse-making that isn't normally associated with Nebraska. If this is the so-called "Nebraska way," I think everyone needs to re-examine what exactly the "Nebraska way" is.

No one is defending Williams. There hasn't been one post that i have read that says this was no big deal, or that it should be business as usual.

I haven't read a single post condoning his behavior either. Instead, people are discussing their thoughts on the definition of alcoholic and whether Williams is an alcoholic or if has made poor life choices which have led to multiple duis. Nothing in that discussion is condoning or making excuses for Williams.

I agree that no one is condoning it.

But a lot of people are trying to mitigate it.

I wonder whether if Hank Hughes had been caught with a third DUI in November of last year he would have received the same defense from the same people.

To me, that's the question of "are we becoming (or already are) an SECesque fanbase."

I don't think anyone seriously questions whether TO would have handled a fourth string RB the same way he handled Phillips, which is why even if you don't agree with the decision, you could respect his approach.

I do wonder whether this administration would handle each situation the same. I say administration because I don't think Riley has (or maybe even should have) the final day in whether this is a firable offense.

For me, this has nothing to do with football.

I personally don't believe a person's life and livelihood should be ruined because they made a mistake. Punished by the law? yes. Reprimanded at work? Yes, if they are in a position that it somehow affects the employer.

Now, if the the legal punishment makes it impossible or highly unlikely to be effective at work, or if they realize the drinking is affecting his ability to do his job...then...fine.....fire his ass.

But, I am not for just flat out firing someone because they have a DUI. All that does is spiral that person into a deeper hole.

Maybe getting fired will make his life better in the long run?
  • Fire 1