WR Coach Keith Williams Arrested on Suspicion of DUI

ADS

I just don't know that staying as a coach at Nebraska actually puts him in the best position to improve.

You are absolutely right there. It might just prolong Williams' problem, it might help, it might make no difference whatsoever. I sure can't say which. That's the hard part about these sort of situations, what works for one may not work for another or can even be counterproductive.

I guess Williams /Eichorst / Riley /whoever else need to sit down and see if they can figure out how to proceed from here. Maybe Williams needs to be full time in recovery, maybe he needs his job as an anchor. Anyhow, I pray for the best and that includes giving thanks that nobody got hurt.

"We will have the evaluation process (Is this on ongoing problem?), just like we would with anybody. Assessment of that. Intervention, education. Those are the things that I thought of this morning that will all take place, so we will handle that accordingly."

"We will have the evaluation process (Is this on ongoing problem?), just like we would with anybody. Assessment of that. Intervention, education. Those are the things that I thought of this morning that will all take place, so we will handle that accordingly."

I think what Coach Riley means by that is that they would like to hear from Coach Williams before making any moves. They haven't spoken to him as of yet, and to make any decisions before that is very rash.

• Fire 2

In my opinion, it makes more sense to retain him, put him on suspension for an extended period so that he can get the help that he obviously needs instead of cutting him off and letting him figure out by himself. This is just an opinion, but that all changes if he gets a felony, fingers crossed he does not. I believe that it is a better approach to help him better himself instead of kicking him out on his own and letting him fend for himself. Just an opinion.

I agree. He needs support from his friends/family/team. Rock bottom looks different for everyone. Hopefully this is his rock bottom and can build up from here. I don't condone his actions but everyone makes mistakes. I voted that I'm not sure if he should get fired or not but I lean not firing him unless new information comes out and changes my mind.

He may need to be employed full time to keep focused. I hope he owns up to his mistake and uses it as a teaching lesson to everyone in that locker room. Just my opinion.

I think what Coach Riley means by that is that they would like to hear from Coach Williams before making any moves. They haven't spoken to him as of yet, and to make any decisions before that is very rash.

Probably waiting for the arraignment and official charges to be brought up as well. And then you have the discussions between lawyers as to what kind of plea is on the table.

After listening to that presser with Riley my gut says they're totally going to keep him. I'm sure that will make a lot of Husker fans happy.

SMH..........

I didn't hear it that way at all. I heard, "we don't know everything, we haven't spoken to our employee, we have a plan and part of that is ramifications".

Shoot, Dub might quit on his own.