***Official Purdue Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

Tommy Armstrong is trash at throwing the football. That's is why you DON"T THROW THE FOOTBALL.

These coaches are idiots and Tommy Armstrong is horrible.

2nd half, don't throw the ball at all. And if you are going to throw it, get the back up QB in.

So, nothing but running in the second half? Got it...................I seriously can't take you seriously right now. Put the pipe down.

Yes, nothing but running. You know why? Because Purdue just gave 400 yards rushing to Maryland a couple weeks ago, and Tommy Armstrong can't throw for sh#t. Period. End of discussion.

24 point favorites and you are losing at halftime on your home field?

No, that's not acceptable. And anybody making excuses for this, is just as much of a loser as the players and coaches allowing this to happen.

I get what you're saying with the running, but you HAVE to be able to do both. TA is very serviceable as a QB in the short throws. The YOLO bombs need to stop. You need to chill out some, no one is making excuses, but relax a little bit. Maybe we'll be surprised in the 2nd half, who knows.

It's hard to read some of the comments in here. There's a lot of hate for our team sometimes....

They play like this they should expect it. This is not acceptable.
It's a bad half. Give it time. I am dissapointed but this team will come back.
This. We are down 4 points. I understand it's not ideal but this team has shown time and time again the game is not won at halftime

Just wow!! What are the coaches doing?!? Especially the defensive coaches!!! Way too soft. Must of thought they were going to fold like a lawn chair after that first quarter int. Duh gotta keep playing douch bags!

They had some big awful plays but I'm not sure how you come away with the first half thinking "especially" the defensive coaches. We scored 1 TD, and that possession started on their ~20 yard line.

Tommy Armstrong with another "Remember me? " throw.

I could forget this half of football ever happened and be no worse off for it. That was absolute garbage for 14:44.

It's an offensive coordinator's job to put his player's in the best position to succeed. Every basic football mind would say that against this Purdue defense, you run the ball in multiple ways until they prove they can stop it.

You don't have your QB passing all over the yard when this defense has proven to give up 300 & 400 yards rushing in the past 3 weeks.

That whole half was on Langsdorf as a play caller. Period.

Why do we run one running play then switch runners? Are they tired? Is it a strategy thing? Are we officially done with the fullback?

We had a guy at FB last year who got drafted in the NFL in a dying position and they hardly used him.

Purdue looks like the better team at this point.

Hate to say it, but they aren't stealing anything. They are beating us up front.

If we want to win, we better earn it in the next 30

Yeah, we miss Westy badly....and Carter too.

We need a hell of alot more up front than those 2 would offset

Carter's a great blocker and Westy is a clutch receiver who knows where to go to get open. Our other star receivers don't seem to even be in the game.

Why do we constantly play down to the level of our opponent?

Because we're not that good of a football team.

We're way better than this, though.

Agreed, but we've all seen the issues so far this season. I don't think anyone that really knows what they're watching thinks we are truly a Top 10 team. I get it that if you win that's what happens, but we just aren't there. We don't have that killer instinct..........

Tommy Armstrong with another "Remember me? " throw.

I could forget this half of football ever happened and be no worse off for it. That was absolute garbage for 14:44.

It's an offensive coordinator's job to put his player's in the best position to succeed. Every basic football mind would say that against this Purdue defense, you run the ball in multiple ways until they prove they can stop it.

You don't have your QB passing all over the yard when this defense has proven to give up 300 & 400 yards rushing in the past 3 weeks.

That whole half was on Langsdorf as a play caller. Period.

Why do we run one running play then switch runners? Are they tired? Is it a strategy thing? Are we officially done with the fullback?
We had a guy at FB last year who got drafted in the NFL in a dying position and they hardly used him.
you gotta be kidding me, haven't seen a fullback featured that much since Osborne...