Injury updates

mwj98

I hope TA can play, but I don't want him to get more injured than he already is and be unavailable for Iowa at their house, especially if we win the Maryland game and have a slim chance to make it to Indy. We should be able to get our running game going for once and just wear Maryland down. Maryland is ranked 113th in the nation in rushing defense, 96th overall, and 48th in passing defense. Our focus should be on the rush just based on those numbers alone IMO.

• Fire 1

Assuming that Fyfe can throw screen passes is quite an assumption.

I can't even recall the last time I saw him complete a pass period. It's like his definition of success (I don't mean to rag on the kid because I'm sure he gives just as much devotion as anyone) is to just succeed in the fact of throwing the ball to a general area, with no thought towards actual, you know, completions.

Last game he played he had a higher completion percentage than TA.

This in no way changes what I said.

• Fire 1

I hope TA can play, but I don't want him to get more injured than he already is and be unavailable for Iowa at their house, especially if we win the Maryland game and have a slim chance to make it to Indy. We should be able to get our running game going for once and just wear Maryland down. Maryland is ranked 113th in the nation in rushing defense, 96th overall, and 48th in passing defense. Our focus should be on the rush just based on those numbers alone IMO.

I will protest Langsdorf's employment with picket signs and chants of "He Must Go!" if he makes Fyfe throw the ball more than 20 times.

• Fire 1

I will protest Langsdorf's employment with picket signs and chants of "He Must Go!" if he makes Fyfe throw the ball more than 20 times.

Just kneel during the national anthem. Seems to be thing to do to protest any and everything.

• Fire 1

You've made a lot of picket sign related promises today.

What if Fyfe throws 6 perimeter key screens, 4 Swing passes to the running back, 4 screens, 3 shots downfield, and we target CC 4 times.

Both of these statements are true, until Maryland puts 9 guys in the box. If that happens then there is no reason we can't throw the ball effectively.

What if Fyfe throws 6 perimeter key screens, 4 Swing passes to the running back, 4 screens, 3 shots downfield, and we target CC 4 times.

then they'll have to accept the PI on one of the shots downfield.

Both of these statements are true, until Maryland puts 9 guys in the box. If that happens then there is no reason we can't throw the ball effectively.

Two words, Ryker Fyfe...............I want the kid to destroy these guys if he gets the start on Senior Day, but I doubt it happens. :(

Two words, Ryker Fyfe...............I want the kid to destroy these guys if he gets the start on Senior Day, but I doubt it happens. :(

Ya... I'm not sure what about either of our top two quarterbacks makes anyone think there is ever NO reason we can't throw the ball effectively.

Tommy will at least start, not sure if he'll make it through the whole game. In a perfect world we could build up a lead and sit him, put Fyfe in so he get snaps on his Senior day too, but that's not the pattern this year and I just don't see that happening.

I base this on three key factors

1. This is Tommy we're talking about

2. It's Senior day

3. Did I mention this is Tommy we're talking about?

Ya... I'm not sure what about either of our top two quarterbacks makes anyone think there is ever NO reason we can't throw the ball effectively.

Well, the Purdue game last year is just one example of what happens when you have your back up comes in and you start slinging the ball all over the place. At least from what I remember from it anyways. I've also seen nothing from Fyfe the few times he's been in this year to make me think any differently. Langs is obviously questionable with his play calling from time-to-time as well.

Well, the Purdue game last year is just one example of what happens when you have your back up comes in and you start slinging the ball all over the place. At least from what I remember from it anyways. I've also seen nothing from Fyfe the few times he's been in this year to make me think any differently. Langs is obviously questionable with his play calling from time-to-time as well.

Fyfes numbers for the Purdue game: 28-48 with 4 picks 407 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Not trying to steer the argument one way or the other just putting the Purdue numbers in black and white.