What did we learn-Purdue edition

I learned that we are still far from healthy and thats why the last 2 weeks have been so unspectacular. Our offensive line is in shambles and it shows. If we can somehow get healthy this week we are capable of giving Wisconsin all they want and then some! (they barely beat imo a bad Iowa team today).

We should have pulled some red shirts a couple games ago. The young guys need experience before facing Wisconsin, and the starters needed the rest. I have to believe healthy red shirts are as good as injured starters.

You know, that is very interesting. By not pulling some of the redshirts is there a chance that Riley might have hurt the Huskers chance to win the West this year?

The Oline looks so bad right now.

I wonder that as well. I don't know what they look like in practice but the walking wounded and walk-on back ups are getting man handled out there.

They are getting manhandled ......and then miraculously they look unstoppable. I don't get it. I'm sure the play calling has something to do with it....once the jet sweep was successful everything else opened up. It's as much a matter of using our talent properly as anything.....and then the players have to execute when they're called on, which doesn't always happen.

I learned that we are still far from healthy and thats why the last 2 weeks have been so unspectacular. Our offensive line is in shambles and it shows. If we can somehow get healthy this week we are capable of giving Wisconsin all they want and then some! (they barely beat imo a bad Iowa team today).

We should have pulled some red shirts a couple games ago. The young guys need experience before facing Wisconsin, and the starters needed the rest. I have to believe healthy red shirts are as good as injured starters.

You know, that is very interesting. By not pulling some of the redshirts is there a chance that Riley might have hurt the Huskers chance to win the West this year?

I wonder that as well. I don't know what they look like in practice but the walking wounded and walk-on back ups are getting man handled out there.

Is is too late to pull shirts? In hindsight it seems that pulling them last week to get a game would have been a better option to get some game experience but heck we're 7-0 and still trying to stay perfect so I say do whatever puts you in the best position to make the conference championship game.

I learned that it's been a long time since Nebraska was ranked so high, and this particular group of kids has never had to face lesser challengers wanting to give it their all trying to knock off a top ten team. When other teams have nothing to lose, it certainly requires our kids to play with more focus and determination then ever before.

I learned that it is fun to win games when you trail at the half. I heard that the Huskers had a coach that was here four years and never won a game when trailing at the half.

ain't that the truth. I understand why everyone in this board freaks out when we are losing at half time, because there was a time in the past you could chalk that up as a loss. So different this year. Never do I feel panicked that we are going to lose. And lo and behold we keep plugging away and end up taking over. It's great!!

I learned that my attitude about the Huskers has changed because I was not really worried at halftime. While I don't think they are playing well enough yet to beat Wisconsin, I will not be surprised if they find a way to win that game. It seems to be what they do. I learned that T. Newby will never please some folks.

• Fire 1

I learned that going to the game thread is terrible, especially when NU is losing.

That's why being at the game is the bomb.com. So you're not tempted to go on.
I know. I had stayed off the game threads all year long until this week. I had my bad idea jeans on for that decision.

"no i didn't use a condom, but then i thought when was the next time is was going to be in Haiti" brilliant and i applaud you.

"I figure I got two kidneys and he needs one, so..."