The Republican Utopia

48 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

The Justice Department investigation of the Russia investigation is now a criminal investigation.

This country is f#&%ed.

I don't think so.

The more i look at it, the more I see old, white, corrupt, Republican men breathing their dying gasps because they know this is the last crack they're going to have at running things for a while after this administration ends.

They're gonna keep overreaching trying to defend Trump and make reality a conspiracy as long as they can. We'll just have to punish them accordingly for it at the ballot box.

• Plus1 3

Meanwhile, those old, white, corrupt Republicans aren't mentioning a thing about this spy being let out of prison after a light sentence.

Funny story - she was hugely chummy with top Republicans in congress.

Weird how that works, innit?

Maria Butina: Russian agent to be released from US prison

A Russian woman who admitted acting as an agent and infiltrating US political groups is set to be freed from a Florida prison and deported.

Maria Butina was sentenced to 18 months earlier this year after admitting to a single count of conspiracy, but was given credit for time already served.

The 30-year-old gun activist tried to infiltrate the National Rifle Association (NRA) to influence policy.

Russian officials say she is expected to arrive in Moscow on Saturday.

Butina will be released from a low-security prison in Tallahassee and transferred to a migration centre in the city of Miami to be deported.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, knapplc said:

This is a good question.

Any Republicans on the board?  Care to answer this?

I'm not a Republican, and I haven't researched the bill, but a lot of times there are some really sh!tty add-ons to the main bill.   My hope is that is the reason these have been blocked and not from the main bill itself. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, sho said:

I'm not a Republican, and I haven't researched the bill, but a lot of times there are some really sh!tty add-ons to the main bill.   My hope is that is the reason these have been blocked and not from the main bill itself. 

Even presuming that's the case (and that argument hasn't been made), imagine how awful that add-on has to be for someone willing to allow the bedrock tenets of our Republic to be attacked.

What is more important than the integrity of elections in a democracy?  I'd love to hear that argument.

• Plus1 1