The Republican Utopia

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Even presuming that's the case (and that argument hasn't been made), imagine how awful that add-on has to be for someone willing to allow the bedrock tenets of our Republic to be attacked.

What is more important than the integrity of elections in a democracy?  I'd love to hear that argument.

Only a Russian asset can make that argument.    So ask Tulsi? 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, sho said:

I'm not a Republican, and I haven't researched the bill, but a lot of times there are some really sh!tty add-ons to the main bill.   My hope is that is the reason these have been blocked and not from the main bill itself. 

So the Republicans should introduce their own damn bill with nothing s#!tty attached, like reducing SNAP benefits, or something similar that they love doing. 

3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

So the Republicans should introduce their own damn bill with nothing s#!tty attached, like reducing SNAP benefits, or something similar that they love doing. 

Trump will work something out with Russia on "election security".   

• Plus1 1

It's disgusting how these people in the GOP can contort their "beliefs and ideals" for such a disgusting human being. If they had the guts to stand up to Trump morally, they could get support from both sides of the electorate.

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, ZRod said:

It's disgusting how these people in the GOP can contort their "beliefs and ideals" for such a disgusting human being. If they had the guts to stand up to Trump morally, they could get support from both sides of the electorate.

I “+1” but still disagree.  The GOP establishment did nothing except rebuke Trump in 2015/16.  This is on Americans, plain and simple.  It is sad, but true.  There are enough (insert adjective here) American voters to elect this a$$h@!e President.

The GOP has lost whatever chance they had at “both sides”...

Their only choice to save the party is to embrace and enrage and rally “the suck”!

• Plus1 3
37 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I “+1” but still disagree.  The GOP establishment did nothing except rebuke Trump in 2015/16.  This is on Americans, plain and simple.  It is sad, but true.  There are enough (insert adjective here) American voters to elect this a$$h@!e President.

Their only choice to save the party is to embrace and enrage and rally “the suck”!

I don't think ZRod was only talking about the GOP leaders. A crapton of Republican voters have also done what he's talking about.

8 hours ago, funhusker said:

That's a little too black and white. I was borderline voting for Trump because Hilary was such an awful candidate and he was something different. One of the biggest reason I didn't was because I ended up being in a swing state. A large number of people likely voted for him as a protest vote, or because he simply wasn't a Clinton. We've seen what he is now.

I know personally I've gained a lot of respect for Romney because he's speaking up and speaking out. I never once would have considered voting for him before this, I thought he was another suite stuffed with hundred dollar bills. If it we're him and Biden running, it would be a tough choice.

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

That's a little too black and white. I was borderline voting for Trump because Hilary was such an awful candidate and he was something different. One of the biggest reason I didn't was because I ended up being in a swing state. A large number of people likely voted for him as a protest vote, or because he simply wasn't a Clinton. We've seen what he is now.

I know personally I've gained a lot of respect for Romney because he's speaking up and speaking out. I never once would have considered voting for him before this, I thought he was another suite stuffed with hundred dollar bills. If it we're him and Biden running, it would be a tough choice.

He hasn’t changed.

He was a joke of a republican candidate, and is now a joke of a president.

But this isn’t the place to rehash 2016.  I agree though, it is a sad state of affairs when I’d be excited to vote for Romney...

• Plus1 1

17 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Republicans used to be a party that prides themselves on respecting people like this. 

I guess not anymore. 

meanwhile. 

Intel agencies get in the way with his cozy relationship with his puppet master Putin. 

• Plus1 1

How about election fundraising fraud?

i just got in the mail a nice letter from Melania Trump. On the outside, it says, “check enclosed”. Open it up and there’s a $45 check.....written to the RNC. 

Upon closer examination, the letter talks about what a great job her husband is doing and that if I write a similar check and send it to the RNC, they will cash both checks. 

Now, first no way in hell is this from Melanie and a real check. 

So, isn’t this fraud by saying she will match my funds....if she doesn’t and this is a fake check?

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

How about election fundraising fraud?

i just got in the mail a nice letter from Melania Trump. On the outside, it says, “check enclosed”. Open it up and there’s a $45 check.....written to the RNC. 

Upon closer examination, the letter talks about what a great job her husband is doing and that if I write a similar check and send it to the RNC, they will cash both checks. 

Now, first no way in hell is this from Melanie and a real check. 

So, isn’t this fraud by saying she will match my funds....if she doesn’t and this is a fake check?

The problem is no one has any f#ckign idea whether things that obviously seem like scams like this are legit or not. I too tend to think they're a bunch of crap and that pols just like to take as much money as possible from gullible people.

It's exhibit A in the case for public financing of elections and getting all the big money and shady middlemen out of the process.

Not sure where to put this but Trump is looking for Florida to be his new Utopia.  Maybe to get the electoral college votes in Florida he has named Florida as his official residence now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-lifelong-new-yorker-declares-himself-a-resident-of-florida/ar-AAJFly0

He came of age in Queens, built Trump Tower, starred in “The Apprentice,” bankrupted his businesses six times, and drew cheering crowds and angry protesters to Fifth Avenue after his election. Through it all, President Trump — rich, bombastic and to many Americans the epitome of a New Yorker — was intertwined with the city he called his lifelong home.

No longer.

In late September, Mr. Trump changed his primary residence from Manhattan to Palm Beach, Fla., according to documents filed with the Palm Beach County Circuit Court. Melania Trump, the first lady, also changed her residence to Palm Beach in an identical document.

Each of the Trumps filed a “declaration of domicile” saying that the Mar-a-Lago Club, Mr. Trump’s resort in Palm Beach, will be their permanent residence.

The president confirmed the decision on Twitter after The New York Times reported on the move, saying that he would “be making Palm Beach, Florida, our Permanent Residence.”

“I cherish New York, and the people of New York,” he added, “and always will.”

But he didn’t have much nice to say about the public officials of New York.

“I have been treated very badly by the political leaders of both the city and state. Few have been treated worse,” he said, describing his decision as the “best for all concerned.”

Some New York leaders shared the sentiment. “Good riddance,” Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo tweeted. “It’s not like Mr. Trump paid taxes here anyway. He’s all yours, Florida.”

In the documents, Mr. Trump said he “formerly resided at 721 Fifth Avenue,” referring to Trump Tower. That has been his primary residence since he moved into the skyscraper off 57th Street in Midtown Manhattan in 1983.