The Republican Utopia

8 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Most philosophical conversations are. Why does someone sitting in a room pressing buttons to kill people need to be masculine and what does that word mean in this context? I think it's entertaining to think about.

Using the word "masculine" is what is so strange in this situation.  First off, it indicates the person needs to be more "male", which just isn't so.  And, being more "male" doesn't indicate that they will be willing to do anything better throughout the military.  Yes, a person needs a certain mind set, but, I don't tie that to being more "male".  

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Most philosophical conversations are. Why does someone sitting in a room pressing buttons to kill people need to be masculine and what does that word mean in this context? I think it's entertaining to think about.

Basically what BRB said. The military takes all types. Spec ops guys, grunts, drivers/pilots, mechanics, engineers of all types, cooks, logistical people, computer/IT people, Chaplins, doctors, nurses, etc. Masculine has nothing to do with any of those jobs.

15 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

My post was made under the assumption of intelligence being the top preferred trait. Intelligence being equal, I'd prefer masculinity paired with it over non-masculinity, every time.

Why?

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Using the word "masculine" is what is so strange in this situation.  First off, it indicates the person needs to be more "male", which just isn't so.  And, being more "male" doesn't indicate that they will be willing to do anything better throughout the military.  Yes, a person needs a certain mind set, but, I don't tie that to being more "male".  

@BigRedBusteris 100% correct. When I was in the Navy, I wanted people around me that did their job so I didn't have to stay late and fix their s#!t and who would continue to do their job in the event of an emergency. The majority of the "masculine" guys that I served with weren't any better at either of those traits than anyone else.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

If you don’t know what a stereotype is, sure. 

I mean, you are basically saying fat guys can't be masculine and that masculine guys can't be smart and so on.

It would be like saying hot girls are not good at science. 

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Why?

@BigRedBusteris 100% correct. When I was in the Navy, I wanted people around me that did their job so I didn't have to stay late and fix their s#!t and who would continue to do their job in the event of an emergency. The majority of the "masculine" guys that I served with weren't any better at either of those traits than anyone else.

You can take out "Navy" and literally apply what you said to all of our jobs I bet.  

This topic is odd.  

Maybe they need to do a new Rambo movie where he works on a computer for 90 minutes.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

You can take out "Navy" and literally apply what you said to all of our jobs I bet.  

This topic is odd.  

Maybe they need to do a new Rambo movie where he works on a computer for 90 minutes.

I have heard the next Top Gun is going to be about dudes sitting at a computer flying drones into North Korea to drop bombs during a nuclear threat from Kim Jong-Un.

• Oh Yeah! 1
3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I have heard the next Top Gun is going to be about dudes sitting at a computer flying drones into North Korea to drop bombs during a nuclear threat from Kim Jong-Un.

Read that as well!

124 minutes is the running time and I guess those dudes don't leave their computers once!  And it is shot in real time!

• Plus1 1

25 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

All I know is that if a convoy of women got lost in Kandahar Province, they wouldn't be afraid to ask for directions.

(Sorry)

This is probably getting reported, since stuff like this is never funny.

Just kidding, this was awesome!

But it will still probably get reported.  

Shot:    All the right-wingers in Texas cheering this on.

Chaser:  Some dude a couple millennia ago saying nonsense like, "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these."

Y'all Christians are a crazy breed, yo.

• Plus1 3
7 hours ago, knapplc said:

Shot:    All the right-wingers in Texas cheering this on.

Chaser:  Some dude a couple millennia ago saying nonsense like, "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these."

Y'all Christians are a crazy breed, yo.

I’m not religious person, but is this really necessary?

it was just in the last 24-48 hours that you felt the need to report a post that promoted anti-Asian sentiments.

What are your thoughts on Muslims snd Jews?  Are they all crazy?  I’m guessing you would report a person coming on here and calling all Muslims crazy after a terrorist attack, because you should.

I don’t see how this is different.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2